The Cobra F7 Driver is by far one of the most technically advanced and easy to hit drivers of 2017. Since it was first released in late 2016, the F7 Driver has not only received the highest rating of Gold in the 2017 Golf Digest Hot list but has also become one of the most recognized clubs used on the tour. Even Rickie Fowler has a Cobra F7 Driver in his bag. The Cobra F7 Driver is a great mid-level priced club that is perfect for the high to mid handicap player looking to swing faster, generate more ball speed, and hit longer drives when hitting off the tee.
FYI: If you are a mid-handicapper looking for a new golf driver, then take a look at our most recent buyer’s guide – Best Golf Drivers for Mid-Handicappers. We hand tested and fully reviewed all of the clubs in this guide, and wrote it just for you. Want to know why? Because like you, we are mid-handicappers too.
- The Cobra F7 Driver has an all new shot tracking technology called Cobra Connect powered by Arccos. This shot tracking system allow players to collect data about their drives using a free smartphone app. A sensor built in the grip of the Cobra F7 Driver talks to the smartphone app and records where you drive the ball each and every time. Cobra believes that this new technology is the future of golf, and that it will improve a player’s game by 3 to 5 shots on average
- The previous movable weight technology found in the Cobra F6 (FlipZone and CarbonTrac) have been removed to make way for the Cobra F7 Driver all new movable weight system. The Cobra F7 Driver now has a third weight slot that is placed in the heal of the club. This new weight is designed to help players create a more draw biased ball flight, which helps to counteract the tendency to slice the ball. Additionally, the heaviest weight in the movable weight system has increased from 10 grams to 12, which is 2 grams heavier than the Cobra F6 Driver. The three weights in Cobra F7 Driver are all interchangeable and will allow players to choose from either a low spin penetrating trajectory, forgiving high flight, or a draw biased shot.
- The Cobra F7 driver has eight loft settings that range 9 to 12 degrees. Additionally, 3 of these settings are designed to assist players who tend to slice the ball, or the player who tend to hit the ball too high on the face.
Cobra F7 Driver Detailed Review
Design and Technology
The Cobra F7 Driver truly incorporates the very best in technology and design. By using TeXtreme Carbon Fiber for the crown, the Cobra F7 Driver is now 20% lighter than the Cobra F6 Driver. This lighter crown has allowed Cobra to redistribute the weight to low and deep in the club head, thus allowing for higher launch, low spin, and increase stability at impact. Furthermore, with a club head profile that is now 5% larger than the Cobra F6 Driver, the Cobra F7 Driver Moment of Inertia is increased, thus providing for more distance, forgiveness and speed on mis-hits.
The marquee design of the F7 Driver is what Cobra touts as its first 3 in 1 driver. This is due to the 3-different center of gravity settings found in its new movable weight system. The Cobra F7 Driver 3 interchangeable weights are strategically positioned in the sole of the club and are designed to affect the center of gravity. The 3 interchangeable weights (one 12 gram, two 2grams) are intended to allow players to optimize their distance and trajectory. When the 12 gram weight is in the front position the club will promote more role through and low spin, with a medium to high launch, and a high ball speed. When the 12 gram weight is in the back position the club will promote more carry through with low to medium spin, a higher launch, and a medium to high ball speed. Lastly, when the 12 gram weight is in the heel position the club will promote mid to carry and roll through, with low to medium spin, medium to high launch, and medium ball speed.
The Cobra F7 Driver also has an adjustable hosel that comes with the MyFly with Smartpad technology. This incredible technology gives players 8 easily adjustable loft settings that give players the flexibility to manage their trajectory and fine tune their launch conditions. Additionally, with an all new Forged 8-1-1 Titanium E9 Face, the Cobra F7 Driver’s variable thickness structure is now lighter and thinner than ever before. This new design helps to creates more deflection and larger sweet spot across the club face.
The Cobra F7 Driver also incorporates the all new Cobra Connect Powered by Arccos. To be honest, this technology is nothing short of amazing and literally is the future of golf. A sensor in the grip of the club head talks to your phone app and automatically tracks your driving distance and accuracy. With the Arccos App players can get GPS access to more than 40,000 golf courses around the world to help them track their game. Cobra believes that this technology will allow players to improve their game by 3 to 5 shots on average.
Cobra F7 Driver
- Very forgiving driver, where mis-hits fly just as far as center strikes
- Explosive sound when hitting off the tee
- Wide range of loft and lie combinations available to help players fine turn their drives
- Some players might be overwhelmed with the technology
- May feel sluggish going through the air due to oversized profile
- Little bit of learning curve on adjustments, may confuse the beginner player
The Cobra F7 Driver loft is adjustable from 9 degrees to 12 degrees (draw settings at 9.5 degrees, 10.5 degrees and 11.5 degrees). The Cobra F7Driver also sports a 460cc titanium club head, and measures out to 45.25 inches.
The Cobra F7 Driver is paired with the lightweight Fujikura Pro 69 graphite shaft. As what has become their standard, Cobra offers a variety of flexes available for the F7 Driver, including Light (weighing 53 grams), Regular (weighing 54 grams), Stiff (weighing 56 grams), and Extra Stiff (weighing 66 grams).
The Cobra F7 Driver was one of the most successful drivers of 2017, and it is easy to see why it’s still a top choice for players today. An improvement over the Cobra F6 Driver, with its new moveable weight technology you really do have 3 drivers in one. If you are looking for a moderately priced driver that wont break the bank, that will give you the speed, distance, and forgiveness you need on the tee box, then the Cobra F7 Driver is the club for you.
Cobra F7 Driver Video Review
How Does the Cobra F7 Driver Compare?
Cobra F8 Driver
The Cobra F8 Driver is by far one of the hottest drivers of 2018. The F8 Driver features Cobra’s first ever Precision Milled Forged face that provides the ultimate in driving performance. Cobra discovered that by milling the club face it helps to prevent thickness inconsistencies and curvatures that are found when clubs are hand polished. Additionally, by milling the club face it helps to create greater accuracy and ball speeds even on mishits. The Cobra F8 Driver is an outstanding club that is perfect for players who want more speed, forgiveness, distance, and adjustability. The Cobra F8 Driver is the perfect club for a mid to high handicap player wanting to take their game to the next level.
TaylorMade Rocketballz RBZ Driver
The TaylorMade Rocketballz Stage 2 Driver builds on the success of its predecessor, and is now longer and faster than the original Rocketballz Driver. The new Thick-Thin crown pushes the CG forward producing a higher launch, lower spin and faster ball speed. The RocketBallz RBZ Stage 2 Bonded Driver has an expanded clubface and improved aerodynamics reduces drag and promotes faster clubhead speed. With more modern design, and priced similarly to the G20 it might be worth trying if you are more of a TaylorMade fan.
GX7 Golf Club
The GX7 Golf Club is amazing little club, even though it is “As Seen on TV”. We all know that the hardest part of golf is being consistent, especially when we are hitting off of the tee box. That is why the pros are the pros, and we are amateurs. But have you ever wondered if the reason why you are not consistent when hitting off the tee box is because you are using the same golf club that the pros use, and not a golf club made for amateurs. Well this is the exact theory behind the GX7 Golf Club. A golf club made for amateurs that provides the hitting consistency of a pro. So if you can get over the fact that the GX7 is a “As Seen on TV” Golf Club, you might be amazed by what this little club can do. The GX7 Golf Club is a great driver for a high handicap golfer looking to improve their game both on and off the tee box.
Should You Buy the Cobra F7 Driver
With lots of adjustability, full customization, and a modern design the Cobra F7 Driver is truly a great club. If you are looking for a moderately priced driver that wont break the bank, that will give you the speed, distance, and forgiveness you need on the tee box, then the Cobra F7 Driver is the club for you.