The TaylorMade R11 Driver is by far one of the most powerful and adjustable drivers on the market today. Since it was first released in 2012, the R11 has been the top choice of many golf professionals. For example, Vaugh Taylor won his 3rd PGA Title using a R11 Driver at the 2016 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. The TaylorMade R11 Driver is truly an amazing club that is perfect for the low to mid handicap player who enjoys fine-tuning their clubs and is looking for greater performance when on the
FYI: Are you looking for the Best Gear of 2019? Then take a look our latest Buying Guides on the Best Golf Drivers, Fairway Woods, Irons, Wedges, Hybrids, Putters, and Golf Balls that can help you take your golf game to the next level. We golf course tested all of these items, and made these buyers guides just for you. Please take a look and let us know what you think!
- The Taylormade R11 is a fully adjustable driver. Players have the option of changing the driver’s loft, face angle, and flight path. This wide array of optimization allows for golfers to adjust the balls flight path for up to 100 yards of side to side trajectory change, and to create up to 500 RPM in back spin.
- This TaylorMade R11 Driver is really a beautifully crafted club, however if you don’t like the color white then this may not be the club for you. TaylorMade’s reason for choosing the color white is that it helps to make the head look larger, and to also inspire confidence while at address. Other advantages to this combination of a white crown and black face include the elimination of glare from the sun at different angles, and making it easier for golfers to align the face with the target.
- The TaylormMade R11 driver comes in only, a 9 and 10.5 degree loft. The standard shaft of the R11 is the 60g Fujikura Blur, the Blur comes in 4 flexes, X, S, R, and M.
Taylormade R11 Driver Detailed Review
Design and Technology
The R11 Driver is one of the most adjustable driver designed by TaylorMade to date. With an adjustable soleplate that can be rotated in one of three positions (2 degrees open, 2 degrees closed or neutral) a golfer can now determine what face angle to use at address. Similar to the TaylorMade R7 Driver and R9 Driver, the R11 features two weight ports. One in the heal of the club and one at in the toe. These weight ports allow for a golfer to adjust the club for a draw or fade. For example, by adjusting the 10 gram weight in the toe of the club a golfer can promote a fade, and by positioning the weight in the heel they encourage a draw. TaylorMade has stated that these movable weights can create up to 25 yards of left to right adjustability.
TaylorMade R11 Driver
- Forgiving club that provides for consistent results off the tee
- Well balanced club that is adjustable and easy to swing
- Players are able to swing more aggressively without the fear of hooking the ball due to the adjustability of the club
- The white paint job and crown graphics can be a distraction
- The cushioned impact feel may be too much for some golfers
- Not as powerful at impact like some other conventional drivers where you can feel the ball on the club face
Since there is so much adjustability, the TaylorMade R11 driver only comes in two lofts, 9 and 10.5 degrees. The standard shaft that comes with the TaylorMade R11 Driver is the 60g Fujikura Blur Shaft, which provides 4 different flexes, X, S, R, and M. Surprisingly the 440cc head looks bigger than its true size, which is probably due to the black and white color contrast.
The TaylorMade R11 Driver was one of the most successful drivers of 2011, and it is easy to see why. With over 100 yards of adjustability, full customization, and a modern design the TaylorMade R11 Driver is simply a phenomenal driver. If you are looking for a moderately priced driver, that will give you the ultimate in adjustability and ball flight optimization, then the TaylorMade R11 Driver may be the club for you.
Taylormade R11 Driver Video Review
How Does the Taylormade R11 Driver Compare?
Callaway Epic Flash Driver
The Epic Flash Driver is the flagship product for Callaway Golf. The Epic Flash combines Jailbreak and a sliding weight to give players more distance and more adjustability than ever before. Artificial Intelligence has been used to develop a new face that features advanced ripple patterns to create more forgiveness across the entire club face. Traditional look, sound, and feel is present in the most technologically advanced driver from Callaway.
The TaylorMade M5 Driver is the lower spinning, more adjustable compliment to the M6. M5 gives players more options to dial in their ball flights and shot shape preferences due to the Inverted T-track. Moveable weights are perfect for elite players and anyone that struggles with violent curving tee shots. The introduction of the injectable speed system ensures that every M5 driver produced is at the absolute maximum in speed and performance. Better players and players looing to dial in their exact club specifications will love the array of the new M5 driver.
The TaylorMade M4 Driver is the prior generation of the TaylorMade M6. M4 is excellent in its delivery of distance and forgiveness in a simple profile. Players looking for straight-distance will get it thanks to Twist Face and the Hammerhead slot. Geocoustic technology is used to make M4 sound and feel great and the carbon crown delivers enhanced aerodynamics and a stunning look behind the ball. Available now at a reduced price, the M4 is the perfect option for budget-conscious golfers looking to pick up an outstanding club at a great price.
Should You Buy the Taylormade R11 Driver
Don’t let the name scare you, the BombTech Grenade Driver stacks up against some of the major golf club brands. Being half of the price of a name brand driver, with a 120-day money back guarantee, what do you have to lose you just may be surprised as to what you find. So, if you are looking for a great club without any gadgetry that will simply get the job done, then this “game improvement driver” is the club for you.