Taylormade R11 Driver Review
The adjustable weights in the R11 Driver have taken my control and distance to a whole new level. With just a few simple tweaks, I can fine-tune the ball flight and shot shape exactly how I want it. It’s like having a personal caddy right there with me, helping me make those crucial decisions on the course. And let me tell you, the results have been nothing short of incredible. The R11 Driver has given me the confidence to take on any challenge and conquer it with ease. But what really sets this driver apart from the rest is its ability to customize the loft and face angle. This feature alone has improved my ball strike feel and control like never before. It’s like the club is an extension of my own arm, allowing me to execute every shot with pinpoint accuracy.
- Key Features
- Taylormade R11 Driver Detailed Review
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is the Best Way to Adjust the Loft and Face of the Taylormade R11 Driver?
- Can Beginners Use the Taylormade R11 Driver, or Is It More Suited for Experienced Golfers?
- How Does the Club Length of 45.75 Inches Impact the Overall Performance of the Driver?
- What Are the Pros and Cons of the Taylormade R11 Driver, Based on User Feedback and Personal Experience?
- Can You Provide a Brief Recap of the Key Points Discussed in the Article About the Taylormade R11 Driver?
- How Does the Taylormade R11 Driver Compare?
- Callaway Epic Flash Driver
- TaylorMade M5
- TaylorMade M4
Updated February 2024 to update current pricing information.
The TaylorMade R11 Driver is by far one of the most powerful and adjustable drivers on the market today. Since it was first released in 2012, the R11 has been the top choice of many golf professionals. For example, Vaugh Taylor won his 3rd PGA Title using a R11 Driver at the 2016 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. The TaylorMade R11 Driver is truly an amazing club that is perfect for the low to mid handicap player who enjoys fine-tuning their clubs and is looking for greater performance when on the
tee box .
- The Taylormade R11 is a fully adjustable driver. Players have the option of changing the driver’s loft, face angle, and flight path. This wide array of optimization allows for golfers to adjust the balls flight path for up to 100 yards of side to side trajectory change, and to create up to 500 RPM in back spin.
- This TaylorMade R11 Driver is really a beautifully crafted club, however if you don’t like the color white then this may not be the club for you. TaylorMade’s reason for choosing the color white is that it helps to make the head look larger, and to also inspire confidence while at address. Other advantages to this combination of a white crown and black face include the elimination of glare from the sun at different angles, and making it easier for golfers to align the face with the target.
- The TaylormMade R11 driver comes in only, a 9 and 10.5 degree loft. The standard shaft of the R11 is the 60g Fujikura Blur, the Blur comes in 4 flexes, X, S, R, and M.
Taylormade R11 Driver Detailed Review
Design and Technology
The R11 Driver is one of the most adjustable driver designed by TaylorMade to date. With an adjustable soleplate that can be rotated in one of three positions (2 degrees open, 2 degrees closed or neutral) a golfer can now determine what face angle to use at address. Similar to the TaylorMade R7 Driver and R9 Driver, the R11 features two weight ports. One in the heal of the club and one at in the toe. These weight ports allow for a golfer to adjust the club for a draw or fade. For example, by adjusting the 10 gram weight in the toe of the club a golfer can promote a fade, and by positioning the weight in the heel they encourage a draw. TaylorMade has stated that these movable weights can create up to 25 yards of left to right adjustability.
The adjustable weights in the R11 Driver have taken my control and distance to a whole new level. With just a few simple tweaks, I can fine-tune the ball flight and shot shape exactly how I want it. It's like having a personal caddy right there with me, helping me make those crucial decisions on the course. And let me tell you, the results have been nothing short of incredible. The R11 Driver has given me the confidence to take on any challenge and conquer it with ease. But what really sets this driver apart from the rest is its ability to customize the loft and face angle. This feature alone has improved my ball strike feel and control like never before. It's like the club is an extension of my own arm, allowing me to execute every shot with pinpoint accuracy.
- Forgiving club that provides for consistent results off the tee
- Well balanced club that is adjustable and easy to swing
- Players are able to swing more aggressively without the fear of hooking the ball due to the adjustability of the club
- The white paint job and crown graphics can be a distraction
- The cushioned impact feel may be too much for some golfers
- Not as powerful at impact like some other conventional drivers where you can feel the ball on the club face
Since there is so much adjustability, the TaylorMade R11 driver only comes in two lofts, 9 and 10.5 degrees. The standard shaft that comes with the TaylorMade R11 Driver is the 60g Fujikura Blur Shaft, which provides 4 different flexes, X, S, R, and M. Surprisingly the 440cc head looks bigger than its true size, which is probably due to the black and white color contrast.
The TaylorMade R11 Driver was one of the most successful drivers of 2011, and it is easy to see why. With over 100 yards of adjustability, full customization, and a modern design the TaylorMade R11 Driver is simply a phenomenal driver. If you are looking for a moderately priced driver, that will give you the ultimate in adjustability and ball flight optimization, then the TaylorMade R11 Driver may be the club for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Best Way to Adjust the Loft and Face of the Taylormade R11 Driver?
To adjust the loft and face of the TaylorMade R11 driver, I utilize the adjustable sole plate and moveable weights. These adjustment techniques allow for personalized loft and face customization, providing a tailored and optimized ball flight.
Can Beginners Use the Taylormade R11 Driver, or Is It More Suited for Experienced Golfers?
As a beginner, I found the TaylorMade R11 driver a bit challenging due to its learning curve. Adjusting the loft and face took time to master. However, the customization options and potential for growth make it suitable for beginners committed to improvement.
How Does the Club Length of 45.75 Inches Impact the Overall Performance of the Driver?
The club length of 45.75 inches impacts the overall performance of the driver by potentially increasing distance but may affect accuracy and control. It’s essential to find a balance that suits your game.
What Are the Pros and Cons of the Taylormade R11 Driver, Based on User Feedback and Personal Experience?
Gotta say, the R11 driver is a game-changer. Pros? Easy adjustments, improved control. Cons? Some quality issues. User satisfaction’s high. From personal experience, I’d recommend it despite its age.
Can You Provide a Brief Recap of the Key Points Discussed in the Article About the Taylormade R11 Driver?
Sure, I’ll recap the key points. The TaylorMade R11 driver offers exceptional performance and durability. Its adjustability allows for loft and face adjustments, impacting ball strike and control positively. Overall, it’s a solid club worth considering.
How Does the Taylormade R11 Driver Compare?
Callaway Epic Flash Driver
The Epic Flash Driver is the flagship product for Callaway Golf. The Epic Flash combines Jailbreak and a sliding weight to give players more distance and more adjustability than ever before. Artificial Intelligence has been used to develop a new face that features advanced ripple patterns to create more forgiveness across the entire club face. Traditional look, sound, and feel is present in the most technologically advanced driver from Callaway.
The TaylorMade M5 Driver is the lower spinning, more adjustable compliment to the M6. M5 gives players more options to dial in their ball flights and shot shape preferences due to the Inverted T-track. Moveable weights are perfect for elite players and anyone that struggles with violent curving tee shots. The introduction of the injectable speed system ensures that every M5 driver produced is at the absolute maximum in speed and performance. Better players and players looing to dial in their exact club specifications will love the array of the new M5 driver.
|Price history for Used TaylorMade M5 Driver Golf Club in Value Condition - 10.5° Loft - Stiff Flex - Graphite Shaft
The TaylorMade M4 Driver is the prior generation of the TaylorMade M6. M4 is excellent in its delivery of distance and forgiveness in a simple profile. Players looking for straight-distance will get it thanks to Twist Face and the Hammerhead slot. Geocoustic technology is used to make M4 sound and feel great and the carbon crown delivers enhanced aerodynamics and a stunning look behind the ball. Available now at a reduced price, the M4 is the perfect option for budget-conscious golfers looking to pick up an outstanding club at a great price.
As the Founder of Golfers Authority Paul Liberatore Esq. has spent the last 7+ years writing about the best golf equipment or instruction from the top golf instructors in the world. He has been a contributing writer for Sports Illustrated Golf and GolfWRX. After graduating with honors from Purdue University, he realized that he had a passion for the golf business and the law. When he's not practicing law, or creating golf content on YouTube, he can be found on his syndicated Behind the Golf Brand podcast both on Apple and Spotify talking with the most prolific leaders in the golf industry.