Tommy Fleetwood is a professional English player on the European Tour. He currently has a total of four professional wins including his most recent in January 2018 at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship. Notable in the 2018 Ryder Cup, Tommy was paired with Francesco Molinari, and they became the first duo to win all four of their matches.
In our “What’s in the bag?” series (or “WITB”) we highlight the best clubs and gear that professional players are currently using in their bags. So, if you are currently looking to take your golf game to the next level, then take a look at what’s in Tommy Fleetwood’s bag.
Tommy Fleetwood Career Highlights Video
Driver: Taylormade M3 (8.5 degrees)
Shaft: Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 70TX
TaylorMade consistently provides players with high performing drivers and when they released the TaylorMade M3, it went beyond anyone’s expectations. The M3 driver was created with a new Twist Face technology engineered to reduce side spin and to deliver straighter drives. This new face design also provides loft in the high-toe and less loft in the low-heel resulting in more consistent spin when players may have a mishit. The M3 was designed with a Hammerhead Slot to provide a larger sweet spot for a noticeable increase in ball speed, which means more distance. Lastly, an integrated Y-Track system allows players to move the weights and adjust settings for a customized drive to improves both trajectory and forgiveness. Even though the M3 may not be the newest driver that TaylorMade offers, it’s definitely a favorite on the Tour.
- Newly added Twist Face Technology allows the clubface to be “twisted”—open on the high-toe and closed on the low-heel to produce straighter shots on mishits.
- Hammerhead Slot integration makes the sweet spot bigger by increasing ball speed and forgiveness across the entire club face.
- The featured Y-Track system comes with two 11-gram weights that can be moved to personalize ball flight for a draw or a fade.
Fairway Wood: 3 Woods: Titleist 917F2 (15 degrees), Nike Vapor Fly (13 degrees); 5 Wood: Nike Vapor Fly (19 degrees)
The Titleist 917F2 fairway wood features technology to maximize distance, forgiveness, and precise customization for any player. The club features Active Recoil Channel 2.0, which is a newer design aspect that was incorporated to improve flex at impact to reduce spin and increase ball speed. Dialing in trajectory and spin is available through customization of the SureFit CG adjustability. In addition to the improved feel and sound, players will definitely see an increase in ball distance. Additionally, the fairway wood has a variable thickness face insert, to give off-center shots greater distance, making it a very forgiving wood. The Titleist 917F2’s soft feel and more muted sound than most fairway woods on the market make it a top choice for players on the Tour.
The Nike Vapor Fly fairway wood is designed with a classic authentic Tour shape for workability. Along with Nike’s FlexLoft this wood provides players a unique ability to adjust loft and lie angle independently, offering up to six individual settings for customization. The Hyperflight face and compression channel offer accelerated ball speed across the entire face to support forgiveness on mishits. The forgiveness of this wood is further extended through the Covert cavity back design, which spreads the weight toward the heel and toe. Lastly, the Nike Flybeam structure creates a stable body throughout the swing providing players with a confident feel on any shot. The Vapor Fly wood is sure to impress any player by providing enhanced performance and forgiveness.
- Titleist 917F2: Improved channel with elastomer insert reduces spin and increases speed by actively flexing at impact.
- Titleist 917F2: Generates more speed around the perimeter of the club face for greater distance on off-center hits.
- Nike Vapor Fly : Flybeam structure stabilizes the body and channels more energy into the face.
- Nike Vapor Fly : Hyperflight face for extreme ball speed across the entire face.
Shaft: Project X Rifle 6.5
The Titleist 718 CB iron provides a classic style cavity back but offers players shot control when they want it and forgiving performance when they need it. The refined leading edge provides more efficient turf interaction, which enhances that favored forged feel for smooth contact and launch on every shot. The compact but forgiving blade delivers Tour-proven trajectory and shotmaking, no matter where the ball may lie.
The Nike VR Forged Pro irons are produced with a precision forged 1020 head construction. This head design features Nike’s X3X high-frequency groove system, to create one of the most exacting irons ever made. This X3X engineering utilizes more grooves, that are deeper and closer together, resulting in more water and debris being channeled away from the face for impressive control. Nike also applied different features between the long irons and short irons. The long irons feature a polymer filled Pocket Cavity that improves feel and allows for more forgiveness on longer shots. Meanwhile, the short irons feature a Split Cavity for impressive feel and control in one’s short game.
- Titleist 718 CB Iron: Traditional cavity back irons with plenty of forgiveness and added performance.
- Titleist 718 CB Iron: CG location on each iron produces ideal trajectory for control and dependable shotmaking.
- Titleist 718 CB Iron: Refined leading edge glides through the turf better for more consistent shots.
- Nike VR Forged: The X3X high-frequency groove system, featuring grooves that are deeper and closer together, results in more water and debris being channeled away from the face for optimal control.
Callaway has always been one of the top producers of wedges and with the Mack Daddy Forged wedge players still get their signature shaping and Tour performance, but with a forged design. This forged design incorporates numerous features such as a squarer toe, a less offset club head, and a straighter leading edge. Combining these features provides players with a clean feel and a confidence-inducing appearance at address. Additionally, Callaway has strategically placed the CG to promote lower and easier-to-control flight paths without having to sacrifice spin. Finally, this wedge is fitted with the new Mack Daddy 16-groove configuration to give players the ability to attack the pin from any lie.
- Newly featured 16-groove design allows for more spin on pitches and chips.
- Engineered R-grind design helps increase versatility of shots.
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #3
Odyssey is one of the most recognizable manufacturers of some of the best putters available. The White Hot Pro putter features a Gun Metal PVD finish for an industrial, non-glare look. The PVD application process increases wear resistance for incredible durability over years of play. Callaway named this putter for its improved White Hot insert that is more consistent in sound, feel, and performance across the entire striking surface. With its classic design and balanced construction the Odyssey White Hot will be a favorite of Tour players for years to come.
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
The Titleist Pro V1x golf balls are the #1 golf balls used on the Tour. It’s no wonder. The Titleist Pro V1x provides extraordinary distance, consistent flight, and the very best in short game spin and control. Its multi-component construction employs a ZG process Dual Core with a soft Urethane Elastomer cover system, and spherically-tiled 328 tetrahedral dimple design. The Titleist Pro V1x have been engineered to provide a soft feel, long lasting durability, and outstanding short game control to help elevate a players performance when on the course. Each element of the Pro V1x golf ball works together to deliver the very best in performance, no matter the shot.
- By far the #1 Ball used on the Tour and a favorite for any player.
- Provides more consistent flight, extraordinary distance, and the very best in short game spin and control.
- The very best in performance with low long game spin and higher flight.
Tommy Fleetwood is one of the most popular players in the world and uses some of the best clubs and equipment available on the market. He utilizes numerous brands throughout his set, which allows him have more distance, accuracy, and control. So, if you are looking to improve your golf game, take a look at what’s in Tommy’s bag, you may find something that will help you take your game to the next level.