The Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood is clearly one of the best fairway woods of 2018. The Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood brings a larger profile clubhead to produce excellent distance and maximum forgiveness. Golf Digest has even awarded the 917 F2 Fairway Wood with the Gold Rating on their 2018 Hot List for its top of the line distance and forgiveness. It’s no wonder why 2017 PGA Champion, Fedex Cup winner, and PGA Tour Player of the Year Justin Thomas used the Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood for all five of his wins during that season. If you’re a player looking for industry-leading forgiveness, distance, and aesthetics, then the Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood might just be the club for you.
FYI: Are you looking for the Best Gear of 2019? Then take a look our latest Buying Guides on the Best Golf Drivers, Fairway Woods, Irons, Wedges, Hybrids, Putters, and Golf Balls that can help you take your golf game to the next level. We golf course tested all of these items, and made these buyers guides just for you. Please take a look and let us know what you think!
- The Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood new clubface insert is designed to vary the thickness of the clubface. This innovative design helps to add forgiveness to the club, which in turn produces faster ball speeds on mis-hit shots.
- Improving on their successful Active Recoil Channel introduced in the Titleist 915 Fairway Woods, this new channel elastomer insert helps to lower spin and increase ball speeds.
- The 917 F2 Fairway Wood provides the ultimate in adjustability with its Surefit CG and SureFit Hosel. The SureFit CG lets the player to change the center of gravity in the 917 F2 Fairway Wood, allowing players to optimize both launch and spin. The SureFit Hosel offers 16 different loft and lie settings that allow players to create more consistent and optimized ball flight for their individual game.
Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood Detailed Review
Design and Technology
The Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood is a great club for any player looking for improved forgiveness, maximum distance, and great adjustability. The 917 F2 Fairway Wood comes in a very aesthetically appealing package with a gray-colored crown and a larger profile to give you confidence over the ball. The 917 F2 Fairway Wood also features the Variable Face Thickness Insert in which the clubface gradually gets thinner toward the edges of the face. This technology allows the club to produce higher ball speeds despite any mis-hits.
Titleist has featured the Active Recoil Technology in their fairway woods and hybrids since the 915 line, and they have been wildly successful. The new Active Recoil Technology 2.0 in the Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood has improved upon the original technology by adding in an elastomer insert to further increase ball speeds and lower spin for maximum distance and performance.
The Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood features breakthrough adjustability with its SureFit CG and SureFit Hosel. The SureFit CG lets you adjust the center of gravity, which allows you to optimize launch and spin. The SureFit Hosel offers 16 different settings allowing you to adjust both the loft and lie to your individual swing.
Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood
- The extensive adjustability allows you to optimize the club to your individual swing
- The technology in the club produces tremendous forgiveness and ball speeds
- The larger profile induces confidence for players
- The adjustability may bring too many options to players looking for a simple golf club
- The higher ball flight may not be what every player is looking for in a fairway wood
- Some golfers may want a lower spinning model
The Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood comes in lofts of 13.5 degrees, 15 degrees, 16.5 degrees, 18 degrees, and 21 degrees. Players have the option to choose from a variety of shafts, including: the Aldila Rogue Max 75 in Stiff flex; the Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84 in Still and X-Stiff flexes; the Mitsubishi Diamana LTD White 80 in Stiff and X-Stiff flexes; the Mitsubishi Diamana LTD White 70 in Regular and Stiff flexes; the Mitsubishi Diamana LTD Red 60 in A, Regular, and Stiff flexes; and the Mitsubishi Diamana LTD Red 50 in Ladies’ flex.
The Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood is one of the hottest clubs of 2018. Which is due its amazing distance, forgiveness, and adjustability. With a Variable Face Thickness Insert, improved Active Recoil Channel 2.0, and SureFit CG and SureFit Hosel technology, the Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood is the perfect club for players looking to improve their game both on the tee and in the fairway.
Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood Video Review
How Does the Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood Compare?
Cobra KING F8 Fairway Wood
The Cobra KING F8 Fairway Wood is by far one of the hottest fairway woods of 2018. Since it was first released in late 2017, the Cobra F8 Fairway Wood has not only received the highest rating of Gold in 2018 Golf Digest Hot list, but it has also become one of the most recognized clubs used on the PGA Tour. Rickie Fowler, Lexi Thompson, and Bryson Dechambeau have all been seen using the Cobra F8 Fairway Wood. This fairway wood provides tremendous distance and forgiveness in an affordable package. If you’re a golfer looking for a very versatile and forgiving club without breaking the bank, the Cobra KING F8 Fairway Wood may be the club for you.
Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood
The Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood is one of the most forgiving and consistent fairway woods on the market. This was recently validated by Golf Digest, who gave it a Gold rating on their 2018 Hot List. Simply put, the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood offers the very best in distance, forgiveness, and design. When a player of Sergio Garcia’s caliber decides to put a club in their bag, you know it must be nothing short of amazing. With its innovative technological advancements, specially designed to give you more distance with less effort and more forgiveness, the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood is perfect for any player looking to improve their game.
Callaway Epic Fairway Wood
The Callaway Epic Fairway Wood is truly an amazing club and has been named one of the Golf Digest 2018 Hot List Gold Medal Winners. This has a lot to do with its revolutionary triaxial carbon composite material club head, which is meant to provide players with both the power and forgiveness they need. The Callaway Epic Fairway Wood is simple to use and light to swing, making it perfect for any player looking to cover greater distances, with more forgiveness and accuracy when on the fairway.
Should You Buy the Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood?
With excellent distance, technology, and performance, there is no wonder why Titleist is always at the top of the market with their golf clubs. Their 917 F2 Fairway Wood is the latest in their excellent line of fairway woods, featuring the improved Active Recoil Channel 2.0, SureFit Adjustability, and the Variable Face Thickness Insert. With all of these technologies and the classic Titleist performance, you should consider putting the Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood in your bag.
- Key Features
- Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood Detailed Review
- Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood
- Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood Video Review
- How Does the Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood Compare?
- Cobra KING F8 Fairway Wood
- Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood
- Callaway Epic Fairway Wood
- Should You Buy the Titleist 917 F2 Fairway Wood?