The Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood is one of the most forgiving and consistent fairway woods on the market. This was validated by Golf Digest, who gave it a Gold rating on their 2018 Hot List. When a player of Sergio Garcia’s caliber decides to put a club in the bag, you know it has to be amazing. With its innovative technological advancements specially designed to give you more distance with less effort and more forgiveness, you can’t go wrong with the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood.
FYI: Are you looking for the Best Gear of 2019? Then take a look our latest Buying Guides on the Best Golf Drivers, Fairway Woods, Irons, Wedges, Hybrids, Putters, and Golf Balls that can help you take your golf game to the next level. We golf course tested all of these items, and made these buyers guides just for you. Please take a look and let us know what you think!
- The Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood’s Jailbreak Technology utilizes two thin steel rods behind the face which act as a stabilizer, concentrating the face flexing to produce incredible distance no matter where the golf ball is struck on the face.
- The Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood combines its Jailbreak Technology with a super strong and incredibly thin Carpenter 455 steel clubface insert, providing explosive distance and forgiveness.
- The Triaxial Carbon Crown of the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood saves weight at the top of the clubhead which lowers the center of gravity for an optimal launch angle with less spin.
Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood Detailed Review
Design and Technology
The Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood has been designed to give a player what they need from a fairway wood: distance, accuracy, and forgiveness. In regards to distance, the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood uses its Jailbreak Technology in a fairway wood for the first time to make the clubhead more stable, focusing more energy into the golf ball on shots hit in the sweet spot, heel or toe. Combined with the ultra-thin steel face and Face Cup technology, the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood delivers incredible distance and forgiveness from the tee and the fairway.
For the recreational golfer, having the ability to get the ball airborne quickly, and the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood makes it easier than ever. The key to higher launch is a lower center-of-gravity, and Callaway achieved this with their Triaxial Carbon Crown and a fixed hosel. With so much weight saved, the center of gravity is moved lower and deeper in the clubhead. The result is a fairway wood that will launch the golf ball quickly and with less spin, which will help you hit some of the best tee shots and long approaches of your life.
Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood
- Jailbreak Technology makes the clubhead incredibly stable, resulting in one of the longest fairway woods on the market
- Triaxial Carbon Crown and fixed hosel provides for more forgiveness and higher launch
- Sleek design inspired confidence at address and just simply a beautifully designed club
- One of the priciest golf clubs on the market, which is not ideal for the casual golfer looking to upgrade their fairway wood
- Lighter swing weight can alter the feel during the swing which may be a turn off for some players
- Lack of customization features makes it less appealing to some players who like to tinker
The Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood has an incredible variety of lofts and shafts. Starting with a strong 3-wood with 13.5 degrees of loft, you can also choose lofts of 15, 17, 19, 20, 21, 23, and 25 degrees. Compared to other fairway woods, they offer a lighter swing weight (D2) and the clubhead volume ranges from 134-171 cc. Note** The 4-wood, 9-wood and 11-wood are available for right-handed golfers only.
Callaway offers several different stock shaft options for the Rogue Fairway Wood: players with slow swing speeds should opt for the Aldila Synergy 60 Fairway Graphite shaft, which is available in Light and Regular Flex. Every other stock shaft is available in Regular, Stiff, and Extra Stiff and includes: Project X EvenFlow 75 Fairway Graphite, Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75 Driver Graphite, Aldila Quaranta 50 Fairway Graphite, and the Project X HZRDUS Yellow 85 Fairway Graphite shafts.
The Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood is one of the most technologically advanced fairway woods ever designed by one of the premier names in golf club manufacturing. It offers the very best in distance, forgiveness, and is also a very good-looking golf club, all of which are important factors when it comes to playing any club. If you have the budget to add this fairway wood to your bag, your money will certainly be well spent.
Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood Video Review
How Does the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood Compare?
Callaway Big Bertha V Series 3 Wood
The Callaway Big Bertha V Series 3 Wood is all about power and velocity and is part of the new V series fairway wood line. Made with lightweight materials with an aerodynamic design, Callaway has made this all new line of Big Bertha fairway woods faster than ever before. The Callaway Big Bertha V Series Fairway Woods have been designed to include the Modern Warbird Soleplate. This Modern Soleplate design greatly increases the versatility of the club by carving out both sides of the sole, which helps to reduce drag when hitting on the grass. Callaway has also been able to increase the launch angle of the club, and now golfers can get the ball up in the air even easier than before. Especially in situations where the impact on the ball is low on the club face. The Callaway Big Bertha V Series Fairways is perfect for the mid to high handicap golfer looking to improve their performance when out on the course.
Callaway Epic Fairway Wood
The Callaway Epic Fairway Wood is truly an amazing club and has been named one of the Golf Digest 2018 Hot List Gold Medal Winners. This has a lot to do with its revolutionary triaxial carbon composite material club head, which is meant to provide players with both the power and forgiveness they need. The Callaway Epic Fairway Wood is simple to use and light to swing, making it perfect for any player looking to cover greater distances, with more forgiveness and accuracy when on the fairway.
TaylorMade M4 Fairway Wood
The TaylorMade M4 Fairway Wood is one of the longest and most consistent fairway woods on the market today. If you are looking for a fairway wood that delivers the best in distance, forgiveness, and playability, the TaylorMade M4 Fairway Wood delivers on all three. The TaylorMade M4 Fairway Wood made the 2018 Golf Digest Hot List and was given a Gold rating, both for good reason. Some of the best golfers in the world use the TaylorMade M4 Fairway Wood. Major championship winners Jason Day and Dustin Johnson have used the M4 to achieve great success on the PGA Tour. If it can help the best players in the world, then it can help you too. The TaylorMade M4 is perfect for any player looking to improve their performance when out on the fairway.
Should You Buy the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood?
The Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood is ideal for the serious golfer looking to take his game to another level. It delivers in every capacity most golfers look for and so much more. If you are looking for the very best in golf club technology, you should absolutely buy the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood.
- Key Features
- Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood Detailed Review
- Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood
- Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood Video Review
- How Does the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood Compare?
- Callaway Big Bertha V Series 3 Wood
- Callaway Epic Fairway Wood
- TaylorMade M4 Fairway Wood
- Should You Buy the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood?