Luke Donald is one of the best golfers in the world and one of our favorite players to watch. As of 2018, Luke has won 5 PGA Tour titles and once held the world number-one ranking for over 40 weeks. Luke Donald is an amazing player and is well-known for being one of the best wedge players of our generation.
In our “What’s in the bag?” series (or “WITB”) we highlight the best clubs and gear that professional players are currently using in their bags. So, if you are currently looking to take your golf game to the next level, then take a look at what’s in Luke Donald bag.
Luke Donald Career Highlights Video
Driver: TaylorMade M2 2016 (9.5 degrees)
Shaft: UST Mamiya Attas 6Star 6X
The TaylorMade M2 2016 driver’s features is highlighted by the seven-layer Carbon Composite Crown that is precision-formed and built ultra-thin and light to maximize weight savings. These weight savings allow TaylorMade to place the weight lower and further back on the sole for a more efficient power transfer, which increases launch and lowers spin. The TaylorMade M2 2016 Driver is incredibly long and forgiving, as well as fully customizable.
- Large sweet spot improves distance and forgiveness on off-center hits.
- Optimal trajectory with increased roll is achieved thanks to the Carbon Composite Crown, which increases MOI for a more stable clubhead through impact.
- Loft Sleeve Adjustability allows every golfer to set their driver to the settings that suit them best.
Fairway Wood: TaylorMade M1 2017 (15 degrees)
Shaft: Accra Axiv XC75
The TaylorMade M1 2017 fairway wood is one of TaylorMade’s longest and most adjustable fairway woods. A six-layer carbon composite crown lowers the center of gravity for optimal launch while the redesigned sliding weight track features a 25g tungsten weight that can be adjusted for personalized shot shapes ranging from draw, neutral and fade. The TaylorMade M1 2017 fairway wood now features a new Speed Pocket to increase distance without sacrificing forgiveness. The advanced drop-step sole design has recessed the weights which reduces drag through the turf to maintain clubhead speed and improve contact.
- Multi-material design moves weight from the crown which helps optimize center-of-gravity.
- Sliding weight track allows golfers the ability to customize shot shape from a draw, fade, or neutral.
- Drop-step sole design increases clubhead speed by improving aerodynamics.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX-EZ (16 degrees)
The Mizuno JPX-EZ hybrid produces a high launch to optimize distance and features an appealing footprint. It features an innovative Shock Wave Sole which expands the coefficient of restitution and which increases ball speeds across the whole face. The JPX-EX hybrid also has an increased head size and increased MOI design to allow for a lower CG for forgiveness and a high easy launch with a soft landing.
- Shock Wave Sole helps expand the springboard effect of the clubface, increasing distance.
- Larger heads size increases moment of inertia for improved forgiveness
- Lower center of gravity increases launch angle for optimal trajectory.
The Mizuno MP-H5 iron set offers the most forgiveness and playability Mizuno has ever introduced to the better player’s market. The set blends hybrid long irons and half-cavity short irons. Manufactured via Mizuno’s patented Grain Flow Forging process provides these irons with a soft, solid, consistent feel. The MP-H5 was designed to deliver a higher, controllable ball flight and softer landings to attack challenging pin positions.
The Mizuno JPX 900 Tour iron set combines pure feel and enhanced forgiveness with their new club head framework. These irons feature a tour inspired design and are made from Grain Flow Forged 1025E mild carbon steel. To get the most out of the 1025 mild carbon steel material, the JPX 900 Tour irons were equipped with Power Frame Technology in the compact club heads which increases the MOI for more forgiveness on every shot.
- The Grain Flow Forged 1025E Mild Carbon Steel gives these clubs incredible feel and playability.
- Power Frame Technology increases MOI which improves forgiveness on off-center hits.
- Compact Head Size preferred by better ball strikers is ideal for serious golfers.
Wedge: Mizuno T7 (54-08, 60-08)
The Mizuno T7 Wedges are the first Mizuno wedges to be constructed out of Grain Flow Forged 1025 Boron, a popular metal in Mizuno irons. The grooves on the club face stay sharper for longer than previous models. The Quad Cut Grooves technology with the T7 wedges provide optimal spin from every condition. Loft-specific head shapes and sole grinds which give these wedges amazing accuracy and exceptional feel.
- Grain Flow Forged 1025 Boron improve face and groove durability.
- New Quad Cut Grooves maximize spin and control from every lie.
- Loft-specific head design and sole grinds allows golfers to find a wedge that is perfect for any wedge shot.
Putter: Odyssey O Works 7H CS
Shaft: SuperStroke Flatso 1.0
The White Hot RX face insert produces optimal initial roll and better feel. The Odyssey Works Versa #7H Putter features a Fusion RX insert which combines the best-feeling White Hot insert with ultra-thin stainless steel mesh, producing a faster roll and less skid, and Versa alignment highlights the proper face angle from address to impact. The Odyssey Works Versa #7H shaping is the same as #7 except for a slightly larger footprint, further enhancing confidence at address.
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
The Titleist Pro V1x golf balls are the #1 golf balls used on the Tour and for good reason: the Titleist Pro V1x provides extraordinary distance, consistent flight, and the ultimate in short game spin and control. The Titleist Pro V1x has been engineered to provide the softest feel, durability, and control around the greens which will help every golfer’s performance on the course. Its multi-component construction is comprised of a ZG process Dual Core with a soft Urethane Elastomer cover and spherically-tiled 328 tetrahedral dimple design. Each element of the Pro V1x golf ball works together to deliver the best in performance with each and every shot.
- The #1 Ball used on the Tour by a wide margin.
- Provides consistent flight, unmatched distance, and the ultimate in short game spin and control.
- Lower spin with the driver and fairway woods and higher spin with the irons.
Luke Donald is one of the best golfers in the world and uses some of the best clubs and equipment in the game. However, as you can see from our WITB review, Luke is not using the latest and greatest on the market. Rather, he is using clubs and equipment that he has found helps him have more distance, accuracy and control. So, if you are looking to improve your golf game, take a look at what’s in Luke’s bag. You may find something that will help you take your game to the next level.