Gary Woodland is a talented American golfer who has numerous award winning performances in his professional career. He has a total of 5 professional PGA Tour wins, including his most recent at the 2018 Waste Management Phoenix Open in Arizona.
In our “What’s in the bag?” series (or “WITB”) we highlight the best clubs and gear that professional players are currently using in their bags. So, if you are currently looking to take your golf game to the next level, then take a look at what’s in Gary Woodland’s bag.
Gary Woodland Career Highlights Video
Driver: TaylorMade M3 440 (9 degrees)
Shaft: Accra Tour-Z RPG
TaylorMade produces some of the best drivers in the market and its M3 440 driver is an excellent example. The TaylorMade M3 440 driver introduced the new Twist Face technology which was engineered to reduce side spin and to deliver straighter drives off the tee. Additionally, this new technology also provides more loft in the high-toe and less loft in the low-heel resulting in a consistent spin on any mishits. The M3 440 was engineered with a Hammerhead Slot that provides a larger sweet spot for a noticeable increase in ball speed which means more distance. Lastly, an integrated Y-Track system allows players to move some weight and adjust settings for a customized drive that improves both trajectory and forgiveness. Even though the M3 440 may not be the most current driver that TaylorMade offers, it’s definitely a favorite on the Tour.
- Twist Face Technology gives the clubface a twist open on the high-toe and closed on the low-heel to produce straighter shots on mishits.
- Features a Hammerhead Slot that makes the sweet spot bigger by increasing ball speed and forgiveness across the entire club face.
- Y-Track has two 11-gram weights that can be moved to personalize ball flight for draw/fade or high/low launch.
Fairway Wood: TaylorMade M2 2017 (15 degrees)
Shaft: Accra Tour-Zx 4100
When TaylorMade released the M2 2017 fairway wood, it provided players a multi-material club with exceptional distance and added forgiveness. Featuring a 6-layer carbon composite crown, this upgrade provides a lower CG. It combines with a longer, more flexible, and open-channel Speed Pocket to give players enhanced performance on the fairway. TaylorMade also integrated for the first time in a fairway wood its Inverted Cone technology, which assists in maintaining consistent ball speeds across the entire clubface for a larger sweet spot. Finally, the M2 has a fluted hosel design which produces that impressive sound and feel without affecting the shot’s distance. The features of the TaylorMade M2 2017 provide both performance and forgiveness.
- Multi-Material Construction allows this club to be both high performance but also forgiving on mishits.
- Speed Pocket Technology increases ball distance no matter the location on the fairway.
- Shallow Head Design gives the wood a sleek look and the lower profile helps boost a player’s confidence.
- Inverted Cone Technology helps provide a larger sweet spot which means more consistent ball speeds across the face.
Driving Iron: Titleist 716 T-MB (2)
Shaft: KBS Tour C-Taper 130 X
The Titleist 716 T-MB Utility iron is a great driving iron for players who need distance but also want a high launch with forgiveness. The 716 T-MB was designed with a thin, fast face which increases speed while the high density tungsten weighting provides a low and deep CG. The combination of these two features results in a higher launch, less spin, and increased carry distance for long shots where a fairway wood may not work. The 716 T-MB irons were also configured with a muscle back frame design that provides more forgiveness for more consistent play. If you are in the market for a driving iron, the Titleist 716 T-MB is a great choice that won’t disappoint.
- The thin, fast face allows for increased clubhead speed for higher performing long shots.
- High density tungsten weighting provides a low and deep CG.
- Muscle back frame design provides players with more forgiveness for added consistency.
Irons: Titleist 716 MB (4-9)
When Titleist sought out to manufacture an iron set capable of high performance with a classic feel, the result was the 716 MB Forged irons. These irons feature a compact, high muscle design which gives impressive performance capabilities. The 716 MB irons were engineered with numerous features such as a squarer toe, thinner topline, pre-worn leading edge, and a high muscle design. These features work together as one magnificent system providing players maximum shot control on every shot. Titleist was certain to take advantage of Tour player input and utilized high tech CAD modeling to deliver a pure, forged feel that is preferred by accomplished players. This was a key point in the design of the Titleist 716 MB irons and makes it a popular choice for players on Tour.
- Refined blade provides assistance with any shot that a player might face.
- Precise shot control is created by combining multiple features such as a squarer toe, thinner topline, and pre-worn leading edge.
- High muscle design increases the irons performance capabilities.
The Titleist Vokey SM7 wedge is one of the most recognized wedges used by pros on the Tour. Players can feel more confident with their short game thanks to Titleist’s unmatched technology, craftsmanship, and performance. The Titleist Vokey SM7 helps players increase their shot versatility, distance, trajectory control, and spin through its advanced technology. Its Progressive Center of Gravity locations help improve trajectory, distance control, and better feel. While its finely tuned Spin Milled grooves deliver up to 100 rpm more spin on average. Designed to weather the elements, the Titleist Vokey SM7 also incorporates the popular Tour Chrome finish that helps to retain its bright, clean, chrome finish look through the life of the wedge.
The Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind wedge was designed by Callaway and features direct input from Phil Mickelson. Every detail was finely engineered in order to produce a wedge that had the precise look and performance that Phil wanted to obtain. Features such as a higher toe and grooves that run across the whole face were certain to be integrated in order to produce a high performance wedge. The Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind is very unique and very versatile for assisting players in everything from a flop shot, bunker shot, or a shot from deep rough.
- Titleist Vokey SM7: Progressive Center of Gravity location helps to improve distance and trajectory control.
- Titleist Vokey SM7: Spin milled grooves deliver up to 100 rpm more spin on average.
- Titleist Vokey SM7: Proprietary heat treatment for longer lasting spin and lengthened life of the club.
- Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind: Unique shape for aggressive wedge shots.
- Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind: Versatility to take any shot from bunker to rough.
- Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind: Designed by world famous Phil Mickelson.
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circle T 009
Grip: Scotty Cameron Matador
When you think of high end putters Scotty Cameron putters are the first to come to mind and for good reason. These putters are well known to be of the highest craftsmanship and design which makes them a true thing of beauty. The Scotty Cameron Circle T 009 is a Tour-only putter at this time, but is a sought out putter for professional golfers. The Circle T 009 putter features the classic pro platinum finish giving it a beautiful aesthetic. It features the Tour red dot on the heel of the face with a matching Tour red dot in the back pocket as well as the famous dancing “CAMERON” imprint. The back bumpers also feature a “009” imprint while the sole has Scotty Cameron’s infamous Circle T “TOUR ONLY” stamp. The Scotty Cameron Circle T 009 is another example of why these putters are some of the most prized clubs in the market.
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X
Bridgestone has always been able to provide players with exceptional, high performance golf balls. The Bridgestone Tour B X golf ball is designed to increase control of the ball on every shot. The gradation core construction delivers a lower side spin for better accuracy. Also, the improved 330 Dual Dimple design provides increased ball speed for greater distance. Cobra’s attention to detail is shown further in the softer urethane cover which enhances the feel on every shot. While it may not be the most popular golf ball on Tour, the Bridgestone Tour B X is a great choice for all levels of experience.
- Gradational Core for faster speed and reduced spin off the driver
- Dual Dimple Technology for more distance and increased roll and the SlipRes Cover provides durability and a more stable hit.
- Seamless Cover Technology offers more consistent accuracy, distance, and trajectory.
Gary Woodland is one of the most talented golfers in the world and uses some of the best clubs and equipment available on the market. He utilizes multiple brands throughout his set which helps him have more distance, accuracy, and control. So, if you are looking to improve your golf game, take a look at what’s in Gary’s bag, you may find something that will help you take your game to the next level.