Deciding on a golf bag specifically for carrying can determine if you enjoy playing your round or not. Having the right bag to carry that won’t give you trouble is important for a golfers mentality. The right style of bag will make walking the course easier and more pleasurable. This guide will take you through the different golf bags made for carrying, as well as the stand out features of each model.
- The iconic Original Jones, the most successful and stylish carry bag in the history of golf
- Features the ultra comfortable Jones Single Strap and signature Twisted Handle for carrying ease
- At 3.15 pounds, the Jones Original is one of the lightest bags available to golfers
- Features Jones two-zippered ball pouch, a full length outerwear pocket, and an exterior umbrella sleeve
- Made of 1260 Nylon and Jones Vinyl to keep your clubs and grips dry as you Enjoy The Walk.
- Self-balancing convertible strap system for added comfort and stability
- 3 zippered pockets which includes a velour-lined valuable pocket
- Simple and clean design for a classic Sunday bag look
- Tourbon golf club storage organizer made of high quality canvas and leather
- With adjustable and removeable shoulder strap
- Thick padded lining ,5 tee holder
- Golf accessory storage zipper pocket
- Dimsion: 35.43" X 3.94" X 6.69" Weight:1.87lb
- Light weight, with stand, can hold half set clubs. Top Cover is not detachable
- 2way divider, 2 zipper accessory pocket, one mesh pocket. Removable padded Dual Shoulder Strap
- Full length zipper panel entry for easily in and out clubs. Webbing handle padded with 600D nylon
- Thick padded top provide clubs maximum protection. Woven A99 zipper puller Laminated. PE tube body construction - not collapsible = easy to put clubs back into the bag.
- Color: Black/Red, Solid Black, Black/Orange. Material: 600D nylon with PVC backing, waterproof Size: 5” (12.7cm) top, 50"(127cm) high, 33" (83.82cm) shaft tube body. can hold 6-7pcs club. Weight: 6lb
- 7.5" 2-way compressed nylon top, Holds a full set of 14 clubs, Rigid spine maintains bag vertically
- Recommended use for municipal courses or range days. Not meant for a full round or cart use.
- External mesh beverage pocket, Side saddle full-length apparel pocket
- Easily accessible side saddle ball pocket, Velor-lined accessory pocket with zipper
- Umbrella holder, Weighs 1.25 lbs
- The stand of the ultralight golf bag can even be unfolded in an uneven place
- Enough room for as many as 6 or 7 clubs comfortably
- Backpack-style shoulder strap for extra comfort
When Do You Use a Golf Bag?
Golf bags help you store your clubs and keep them organized as you play. Many golf bags are created so they can be easily carried from your home, the car and around the course. But there are particular designs that are created for carrying more than others. Golf bags meant to be carried hold any extra gear that a golfer may need such as a water bottle, rain gear, and golf balls.
Carry golf bags range in price from hundreds of dollars to a more affordable price. The price of a carry bag correlates with features and the materials used to make the bag. A higher price tag doesn’t necessarily mean that the bag is better. And it surely won’t help your game. Most often a player can get everything they need in even a slightly used or discounted carry golf bag.
Details of a Carry Golf Bag
Golf carry bags are the ultimate in lightweight golf bags if you are looking for something simple and light. This style of bag features a single (sometimes double) carrying strap, one or two small pockets and a single club divider. Depending on the style and brand some of the carry bags do come with legs to help stand. While they aren’t designed to carry everything a golfer may need. These bags are perfect for bringing just a few selected clubs to the driving range or short game area. Carry bags are usually soft-bodied, lay flat on the ground, and are most often preferred by players that walk each time they head to the course.
What makes a quality golf bag?
Choosing the right carry bag can be an overwhelming task for anyone shopping in the golf market. The variety of materials, designs, and custom options makes taking the time to do some research important to ensure you end up with the right carry golf bag. Look for a carry golf bag that helps you play comfortably and holds everything you need to bring with you on your outing.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have provided some common questions and answers that many golfers have when trying to find their next golf bag to buy.
Q: How do I know which carry golf bag is best for me?
A: Your match in a carry golf bag is ultimately between style and function. In general, most carry golf bags are all the same with what features they have. Details such as how many pockets and if you want your carry bag to have legs to help it stand up are just a few. There is an array of colors and designs available so that each player can show their personality.
Q: How do you clean a carry golf bag?
A: Over the course of a season, your carry golf bag is going to experience wear and tear from being placed on the ground constantly. While you can’t exactly run your carry bag through the washing machine, taking the time to thoroughly scrub down your bag with a washcloth, soap, and water does wonders to keep the colors looking sharp. Cleaning out your pockets regularly and making sure zippers are in good working condition goes a long way as well.
Q: How many clubs can you fit in a carry golf bag?
A: Different carry golf bags can comfortably fit different numbers of clubs. While the legal number of 14 clubs, most carry bags can only fit 6-8 clubs. The single divider and soft panelling are not meant to carry a whole set, just a selected few.
Top 10 Best Carry Golf Bags
1. Jones Original Carry Golf Bag
The Original Jones is one of the most successful and stylish Sunday bags on the market. Featuring two zippered ball pouches, a full size apparel pocket and an exterior umbrella sleeve. This super light bag comes in at 3.15 pounds and is one of the lightest bags available to golfers.
2. Titleist Golf Carry Bag
Titleist is one of the biggest names in golf and there’s a reason why. Their Titleist Golf Carry Bag is one of the most purchased Sunday bags to date. Players not only like this bag for its simplicity but for the self-balancing convertible strap system that comes with it. This strap system allows players to carry their bag with ease and comfort to and from the course. You’ll be able to carry everything you may need with the 3 zippered pockets which includes a velour-lined valuable pocket to keep your phone safe.
3. TOURBON Canvas Golf Carry Bag
TOURBON is one of the few companies that stick to the classic look of old school golf. You’ll feel like you’ve jumped to old past time golf with their Canvas Golf Carry Bag. This army green canvas bag is trimmed with high quality leather and comes in at only 1.87 pounds. Features like the adjustable and removable shoulder strap, thick padded lining and 5 tee holder make this bag a simple but impressive design.
4. C8-II Golf Carry Bag
If you are looking for a Sunday bag that still offers the ability to stand on its own, the C8-II Golf Carry Bag is definitely the best choice. This lightweight bag can hold up to half a set of clubs and comes with a 2 way divider to help stay organized. The impressive back strap offers great comfort and the collapsable legs make this bag an easy choice for any player.
5. Forgan Ultra Light Golf Carry Bag
If you’re looking for a Sunday bag that looks more like an everyday stand bag, the Forgan Ultra light is a great option. Even though it’s meant for range days, this bag has enough space to hold a whole set of clubs. Features such as the side saddle ball pocket, apparel compartment and beverage pocket keeps everything within reach.
6. LONGCHAO Golf Stand Bag
If a hard cased Sunday bag is what you are shopping for, the LONGCHAO Golf Stand Bag is both lightweight and durable. The stand of this bag can be unfolded on the most uneven ground allowing you to easily pull any club out. The backpack style shoulder strap provides comfort while the handle allows for easy carrying. With the ability to carry up to 7 clubs and any accessories you may need, the LONGCHAO Golf Stand Bag is a high quality and durable bag.
7. RAM Lightweight Carry Bag
Simplicity comes at its finest with the RAM Lightweight Carry Bag. This Sunday bag is perfect for short game and range practise. The two way divider top helps keep clubs organized while the outside pockets provide space for a beverage and small items. The automatic legs instantly pop out when you set the bag down allowing it to stand on its own. If you’re just getting started and are looking for a good beginner bag to hold a few clubs, the RAM Lightweight carry bag is one to check out.
8. 5” Lightweight Carry Bag
For players looking for the most compact Sunday bag, the 5” Lightweight Carry bag is the obvious choice. Taking up very little space as is, the bag can be folded and neatly stored until its next use. A padded shoulder strap for comfort and a handle on the side gives players the ability to grab and go. Pockets for tees, balls, tools, or whatever else a player might need make this bag a great choice for players looking to sneak away to the range.
9. Stripe Carry Bag
Another great value golf bag option, the Stripe Carry Bag makes for a perfect Sunday bag. A great choice for players who travel or keep a few clubs in the trunk of the car, this bag takes up very little space. The padded shoulder strap makes carrying easy and comfortable. No matter if you’re a beginner with a few clubs or a pro who likes to keep their short irons handy practise at lunch, the Stripe Carry bag is an option to check out.
10. FINGER TEN Golf Carry Bag
If you don’t need pockets and you just want an easy and simple way to carry a few clubs from your car to the range, the FINGER TEN Carry Bag is your answer. Some wouldn’t even call this a bag, but those that use it swear that it’s the solution to carrying clubs easily. Made out of durable materials there is no worry about bad weather and dirt. Simply just wash it and it will keep the same formed shape it arrived as.
What Golf Bag Should You Buy?
Most manufacturers offer golf bags that tailor themselves to an array of golfers. Once you have matched your needs to a bag type, it can be best to evaluate the price of each golf bag that catches your eye. There could be huge cost savings available in one model versus another. Remember that your golf bag will likely be around for numerous seasons and should be something that can adapt to your game wherever it is headed.
Some players prefer to stay with one brand or another when selecting a golf bag and may choose their bag to match their new driver or irons. While there is nothing wrong with that approach, often a great golf bag can be found with companies who don’t make clubs. Custom options are also available that can help make your golf bag truly yours with the addition of headcovers. As always, thanks so much for readings and be sure to check out our other reviews and guides to help fill out your all-new golf bag!