Jordan Spieth is one of the best golfers in the world and is simply one of our favorite players to watch. In 2017, Jordan finished number 2 behind Dustin Johnson in the rankings, and is currently in the Top 5 for 2018. Jordan Spieth is an amazing player, and only he and Jack Nicklaus are the only two golfers to have won three of the four major championships before the age of 24.
In our “What’s in the bag?” series (or “WITB”) we highlight the best clubs and gear that professional players are currently using in their bags. So, if you are currently looking to take your golf game to the next level, then take a look at what’s in Jordan Spieth bag.
Jordan Spieth Career Highlights Video
Driver: Titleist 915D2 (9.5 degrees)
The Titleist 915D2 driver is a beautifully crafted club that delivers superior sound and feel unlike any other driver on the market. It is also one of the most technologically advanced clubs designed by Titleist to date. The 915D2 is built with the advance Active Recoil Channel (ARC). This side sole channel has been designed to deliver more distance by actively flexing at impact, which in turn helps to launch the ball off the face with higher speed and lower spin. The Titleist 915D2 driver also features the new Radial Speed Face, a high moment of inertia (“MOI”) head design, and the SureFit Tour hosel technology. It’s pear shape head design is slightly larger at 460cc and delivers a slightly higher launch angle and spin rate as compared to the 440cc 915D3 driver. Additionally, the SureFit Tour hosel allows for players to make independent loft and lie adjustments for the most customized fit possible.
- The wide sole channel delivers more distance by actively flexing at impact which helps to launch the ball off the face with higher speed and lower spin.
- The high-speed face insert, made of a thick center and radially thin perimeter located in the heel and toe of the club, helps to deliver greater distance on off-center hits.
- By reducing the thickness of the club up front, it has allowed for the weight to be strategically placed in the back, thereby resulting in a low and deep center of gravity that provides greater ball speed and more forgiveness.
- With 16 unique loft and lie combinations, players can find the perfect combination to deliver the best fit available.
Fairway Wood: Titleist 915F (15 degrees)
The Titleist 915F fairway wood is one of the best fairway woods on the market. With a shallow face that delivers distance and performance, it is perfect for any player looking to improve their game both on and off the tee and turf. The Titleist 915F features high ball speed with a low spin rate, thanks to its forward positioned Active Recoil Channel and Ultra Thin Face. With its low CG and high MOI design, the Titleist 915F is a very forgiving club that can help you take your game to the next level.
- By reducing the thickness in the front of the club, designers were able to strategically place the weight in the back, thereby creating a low and deep center of gravity. This low and deep center of gravity helps to produce greater ball speed and more forgiveness.
- The wide sole channel creates greater distance by actively flexing at impact. This design helps to facilitate the launch of ball off the face with higher speed and lower spin.
- With 16 unique loft and lie combinations, players can find the perfect combination for their play style.
- With a high-speed face insert, which is made out of a thick center and radially thin perimeter located in the heel and toe of the club, delivers greater distance on off-center hits.
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 (21 degrees)
The Titleist 818 hybrids are some of the most technologically advanced hybrids in the game. The Titleist’s SureFit CG and SureFit Hosel gives players maximum adjustability, stability, and control by providing 16 independent loft and lie settings to optimize consistent center-face contact. While its Active Recoil Channel 2.0 creates faster ball speed and distance, making it the longest and most consistent hybrid on the market. The 818 H2 hybrid is for players with a steeper delivery to the ball and prefer the look of an iron. Many players on the tour agree that the Titleist 818 is a scoring club, not a rescue club.
- With a compact profile, players with a steep swing can make shots with ease.
- A SureFit CG port on the sole of the club allows for an interchangeable weight to be used to control ball flight.
- The new Active Recoil Channel 2.0 design allow for more flexing at impact for more ball speed and distance.
- The SureFit hosel allows for 16 loft and lie options for players who want to dial in their preferred ball flight.
- With an improved CG position and MOI gives players more forgiveness and easier launches.
The Titleist 718 T-MB irons are some of the most superiorly designed irons on the market. Designed as a utility iron that creates more distance and higher launch all within a muscle-back shape. Made out of a multi-material hollow-body construction, the 718 T-MB combines high-density tungsten and a thin face, built for greater ball speeds and accuracy. Players using the 718 T-MB are able to create greater distance, through an optimized launch and spin for shots that launch higher and land softly.
The Titleist 718 AP2, are some of the best irons on the market, used by many pros on the Tour. They are perfect for players who want the ultimate in playability with consistent distance and forgiveness. The Titleist 718 AP2 give players greater MOI, speed, distance, and control thanks to its perimeter weighting and co-forged construction. The Titleist 718 AP2 are beautifully made clubs, that feel great and sound amazing when hit off the turf.
- It’s forged body and face create greater distance and ball speed.
- Very forgiving irons, thanks to improved center of gravity location, especially on off-center hits.
- An increase in moment of inertia (MOI) thanks to being built out of high-density tungsten.
- Tour-preferred feel, sound, and look, with cleaner contact when hitting off of the turf With 16 unique loft and lie combinations, players can find the perfect combination to deliver the best fit available.
The Titleist Vokey SM7 wedges are one of the most recognized wedges used by pros on the Tour. Payers can feel more confident with their short game thanks to Titleist’s unmatched technology, craftsmanship, and performance. The Titleist Vokey SM7 helps player increase their shot versatility, distance, trajectory control, and spin through its advanced technology. It’s Progressive Center of Gravity locations help improve trajectory, distance control, and better feel. While its finely tuned Spin Milled grooves deliver up to 100rpm more spin on average. Designed to weather the elements, the Titleist Vokey SM7 also incorporates the popular Tour Chrome finish that helps to retain its bright, clean chrome finish look through the life of the wedge.
- Progressive Center of Gravity location helps to improve distance and trajectory control.
- Spin Milled grooves deliver up to 100 rpm more spin on average.
- Proprietary heat treatment for longer lasting spin.
- It’s Tour Chrome finish retains its bright, clean chrome finish look through the life of the wedge.
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circle T 009
Grip: SuperStroke Flatso 1.0
Scotty Cameron putters are well known for their craftsmanship and beauty and are truly a work of art. It’s clear that every area of their design has been carefully considered, from the steps behind the face, soft edges, and the thickness and feel of their midsize grip. Scotty Cameron putters sit perfectly flush to the ground, and the contrast between the black sightline and silver mist finish makes alignment easy. It’s no wonder that they are the top choice of professionals on the tour.
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
The Titleist Pro V1x golf balls are the #1 golf balls used on the Tour. It’s no wonder, the Titleist Pro V1x provides extraordinary distance, consistent flight, and the very best in short game spin and control. The Titleist Pro V1x have been engineered to provide a soft feel, long lasting durability, and outstanding short game control to help elevate a players performance when on the course. Its multi-component construction employs a ZG process Dual Core with a soft Urethane Elastomer cover system, and spherically-tiled 328 tetrahedral dimple design. Each element of the Pro V1x golf ball works together to deliver the very best in performance, no matter the shot.
- By far the #1 Ball used on the Tour.
- Provides more consistent flight, extraordinary distance, and the very best in short game spin and control.
- The very best in performance with low long game spin and higher flight
Jordan Spieth is one of the best golfers in the world and uses some of the best clubs and equipment in the game. However, as you can see from our WITB review, Jordan is not using that latest and greatest in the golf industry. Rather, he is using clubs and equipment that he has found helps him have more distance, accuracy and control. So, if you are looking to improve your golf game, take a look at what’s in Jordan’s bag, your may find something that will help you take your game to the next level.