Sergio Garcia is not only one of the best golfers in the world and is one of our favorite players to watch. In 2017, Sergio won his first major championship at the Masters, which was his 10th career PGA Tour title. Sergio Garcia is an amazing player who has been thrilling golf fans since the tender age of 19.
In our “What’s in the bag?” series (or “WITB”) we highlight the best clubs and gear that professional players are currently using in their bags. So, if you are currently looking to take your golf game to the next level, then take a look at what’s in Sergio Garcia’s bag.
Sergio Garcia Career Highlights Video
The Callaway Rogue Sub Zero driver combines Jailbreak Technology and the innovative X-Face VFT Technology to promote higher ball speed and long distance. The Triaxial Carbon Crown increases MOI which promotes more forgiveness. Two interchangeable weights allow you to customize spin rate and launch angle. Callaway collaborated with Boeing to improve their Speed Step technology to improve airflow and promote faster club head speeds. Designed to appeal to Tour pros, the Rogue Sub Zero driver is forgiving and easy to hit, making it perfect for any amateur seeking distance and accuracy off the tee.
- A lighter Jailbreak rods allow more weight to be moved without compromising stability at impact.
- The Traixial Carbon Crown and larger head shape increase forgiveness on off-center strikes.
- Innovative Speed Step technology improves aerodynamics, promoting higher clubhead speeds.
Shaft: Mitsubishi KuroKage XT 80TX
The Callaway Rogue Fairway combines Jailbreak Technology and Face Cup Technology to promote fast ball speed across a large part of the face for consistently long distance and features a Triaxial Carbon Crown to promote high launch / low spin and increased MOI. The ultra-low CG location and high MOI make the Rogue easier to hit and incredibly accurate. With the help of Boeing, Speed Step Technology has been improved to increase airflow for faster head speed. The Callaway Rogue Sub Zero fairway wood combines the incredible Jailbreak Technology and Face Cup Technology to promote faster ball speed across most of the club face for consistently long distance. The Triaxial Carbon Crown increases MOI and provides more forgiveness on off-center hits while the 5-gram weight screw in the sole’s front allows golfers to position CG low and forward to lower spin for extra distance. The size, shape and position of the Speed Step have been enhanced to improve airflow and promote faster club and ball speed.
- The Jailbreak Technology is featured in a fairway wood for the first time, increasing clubhead stability.
- Face Cup technology increases ball speed on every shot across the club face.
- With 16 unique loft and lie combinations, players can find the perfect combination for their play style.
- Five-gram weight positions CG low and forward for lower launch and low spin, which increases distance.
Shaft: Nippon Modus Tour 130x
The Callaway Apex Pro Forged irons are designed with the advanced player in mind and defies conventional wisdom by delivering extreme distance and performance in a forged iron. This forged iron features an ultra-hot face combined with tungsten sole inserts to create a low center of gravity (CG) which increases forgiveness and optimizes launch angle generating a level of playability you expect from a forged iron. The Apex MB irons have a classic shape and style, with a traditional, slightly thinner topline and advanced CG positioning for outstanding control. Both iron models feature 20V grooves to promote a high level of control and excellent spin out of any playing conditions and to reduce fliers from the rough.
- Forged irons provide the best in feel and playability.
- The club inspires confidence at address.
- Thinner toplines allow more weight to be added lower, optimizing launch angle.
Shaft: Nippon Modus Tour 130x
The Callaway Mack Daddy 4 wedge combines innovative technologies with premium components for the very best in performance. Based on extensive input from Tour players, industry legend Roger Cleveland used the feedback to create Tour-quality shapes, soles, grinds and camber to give the Callaway Mack Daddy 4 wedges a more playability and versatility compared to the Mack Daddy 3. Groove-In-Groove Technology and Micro-Positive surface texture increase spin and control while the combination of soft carbon steel, optimized CG locations and crisp turf interaction provide one of the best feels of a wedge on the market today.
- Innovative Groove-In-Groove Technology increases spin from every lie.
- Micro-Positive surface creates a more durable clubface and increases spin on a variety of shots.
- Shaped with the Tour professional in mind.
Putter: Odyssey Toulon Azalea
Shaft: SuperStroke 1.0 SGP
Named after his daughter Azalea, Sergio’s Toulon putter features a dark blade design and is a custom build just for Sergio Garcia. With any luck, the Toulon Azalea will be released to the public. A similar club is the Odyssey Toulon Long Island H6 Putter, which is available to the public.
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft
The new Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls combine Tour-proven performance with unparalleled feel and exceptional forgiveness. Callaway’s new and innovative Graphene Dual SoftFast Core promotes high-launch and low spin off the tee for optimal distance while the thin ultra-soft Tour Urethane Cover gives you precise greenside control. The SubMantle, Tour Urethane Cover, and low compression core combine for incredible distance and feel from the driver to the putter.
- Premium dual-core construction increases durability and overall performance.
- Thin ultra-soft Tour Urethane cover provides incredible soft feel on approach shots and around the greens.
- New Graphene Dual SoftFast Core produces high-launch and low spin off the tee for increased distance.
Sergio Garcia is one of the best golfers in the world and uses some of the best clubs and equipment in the game. The equipment he has found helps him have more distance, accuracy and control, and the technology he uses can help you too. So, if you are looking to improve your golf game, take a look at what’s in Sergio’s bag. You may find something that will help you take your game to the next level.