- Fairway Wood
- Driving Iron
Jimmy Walker is a professional golfer who has playing on the PGA tour for numerous events. After a long stint of nearly 187 events without a win, Walker finally came out with an impressive three wins in the first eight events of the 2014 season. Jimmy went on to win two more PGA Tour events, bringing him to a six-time winner in 2016, where he won his first major title at the PGA Championship.
In our “What’s in the bag?” series (or “WITB”) we highlight the best clubs and gear that professional players are currently using in their bags. So, if you are currently looking to take your golf game to the next level, then take a look at what’s in Jimmy Walker’s bag.
Driver: Titleist 917D2 (8.5 degrees)
Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec
The Titleist 917D2 driver is one of the most technologically advanced clubs designed by Titleist to date. By delivering superior sound and feel, unlike most other drivers on the market, the 917D2 has been designed with an advance Active Recoil Channel (ARC) to deliver more distance by actively flexing at impact. This feature helps launch the ball off the face with higher speed and lower spin, resulting in long distances off the tee. The Titleist 917D2 driver also features other new components such as the new Radial Speed Face and the SureFit Tour hosel technology. With its high MOI head design, the pear-shaped head is slightly larger at 460cc, allowing for a slightly higher launch angle and spin rate. With cutting edge technology, and consistent performance, the Titleist 917D2 driver is definitely a top choice on Tour.
- SureFit Tour hosel allows for players to adjust loft and lie settings for the most customized fit possible.
- Active Recoil Channel (ARC) delivers more distance by actively flexing at impact.
- A high MOI head design with pear shape head is slightly larger at 460cc, which allows for a slightly higher launch angle and spin rate.
- One of the most technologically advanced club designs by Titleist to be released.
Fairway Wood: Titleist 917F2 (13.5 degrees)
With the release of the Titleist 917F2 fairway wood, players are given a club with technology that maximizes distance, forgiveness, and precise customization. The 917F2 wood features Active Recoil Channel 2.0, which is a design aspect that has been improved to allow more flex at impact in order to reduce spin and increase ball speed. This feature gives players the opportunity to increase their accuracy as well as their distance. Additionally, the fairway wood has a face insert with varying thickness, which helps assist off-center shots to achieve a greater distance. Finally, the 917F2 has a 179cc full pear profile as well as a slightly higher launch angle which assist in spin rate compared to previous designs. With newly integrated technology and consistent performance, the Titleist 0917F2 is a great choice if you seek a forgiving fairway wood.
- Active Recoil Channel is designed to improve flex at impact in order to increase ball speed and reduce spin.
- A face insert with varying thickness helps assist off-center shots to achieve greater distance and more consistent plays.
- A pear-shaped profile with a slightly higher launch angle assist in spin rate.
No products found.
Driving Iron: Titleist 718 T-MB (2)
Shaft: Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour Spec X
While some players use a hybrid for long fairway shots, Jimmy prefers to utilize a driving iron to achieve not only distance but accuracy as well. The Titleist 718 T-MB iron has an impressive muscle-back shape which is designed to deliver a high launch and more distance. The hollow-body features a multi-material construction which includes high-density tungsten and a thin unsupported face for faster ball speeds and confident feel. The optimized launch and spin allows for shots that launch higher and land softer, which results in increased distance. If you seek a driving iron that gives you more confidence for longer shots the Titleist 718 T-MB is sure to impress.
- Technological muscle-back shape has been designed to deliver high launch and more distance.
- The multi-material design is construction with high-density tungsten and a thin unsupported face for faster ball speeds.
- Optimal launch and spin allows for shots to launch higher and land softer.
No products found.
Irons: Titleist 718 MB (3-9)
The Titleist 718 MB iron is a modern choice for players looking for a traditional look with current technology. The 718 MB irons feature a classic muscle back that is forged from a single piece of carbon steel for a solid look, sound, and impressive feel. The iron provides a simple, compact blade profile that has been strategically designed with CG locations to deliver high quality shotmaking and responsive feedback, giving you the confidence to hit any shot possible. The Titleist 718 MB irons offer maximum versatility and are one example of how Titleist is committed to constantly pushing the standards of golf club manufacturing.
- Its single pieced carbon steel body and face create greater distance and ball speed.
- Strategically designed with CG locations to deliver high-quality shotmaking and responsive feedback.
- Compact blade design helps provide control and workability that Tour players seek.
- Tour-preferred feel, sound, and look, with cleaner contact when hitting off of the turf.
Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 (48-10F, 54-08M, 60-04L)
The Titleist Vokey SM7 wedges are one of the most recognized wedges used by both pro and amateur players. The Titleist Vokey SM7 incorporates numerous features that help players increase their shot versatility, distance, trajectory control, and spin through its advanced technology. First, the Progressive Center of Gravity locations help improve trajectory, distance control, and provide an impressive feel. Secondly, a finely tuned Spin-Milled groove pattern offers up to 100 rpm more spin on average. Designed to battle the elements, the Vokey SM7 also incorporates a classic Tour chrome finish which helps to retain its bright, clean chrome finish look through the life of the wedge. With the Titleist Vokey SM7, the impressive technology, craftsmanship, and performance will give any player a more confident feel with his or her short game.
- Progressive Center of Gravity location helps to improve distance and trajectory control.
- Spin-Milled grooves deliver up to 100 rpm more spin on average.
- Proprietary heat treatment for longer lasting spin.
- Its Tour Chrome finish retains its bright, clean chrome finish look through the life of the wedge.
TaylorMade has always made some of the best putters in the market, but the new Spider Tour really caught the eye of many players with its unique design and proven performance. The TaylorMade Spider Tour putter was specially designed to be a more precise putter to shave strokes off of your score. The eye catching redesign includes a smooth crown and no sight-line; this layout allows the alignment system to be clean and seamless. in addition, a short, slant neck hosel, which is very rare on high-MOI mallets, provides players with even more visibility of both the face and toe. If you are looking for a softer sound and feel, the Spider Tour Red has more to offer compared to the Spider Tour Black. However, both feature a lightweight body and stainless steel frame to achieve a better forward roll to get the ball on the line faster and keep it there longer. Finally, TaylorMade has incorporated a vibration-dampening PU foam which provides a consistent sound and feel for every putt you take. This creative, but highly performing, design of the TaylorMade Spider Tour putter makes this a show stopping club.
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
The Titleist Pro V1x golf balls are the #1 golf ball used on the Tour for 2018. It’s no wonder, since the Titleist Pro V1x provides everything from extraordinary distance, consistent flight, and the very best in short game spin and control. The Pro V1x have been designed to provide a soft feel, long lasting durability, and impressive short game control to help elevate a player’s performance when on the course. The multi-component construction employs a ZG process, Dual Core, with a soft Urethane Elastomer cover system and a precisely-tiled 328-tetrahedral dimple design. Each element of the Pro V1x golf ball works together to deliver the very best in performance, no matter the shot.
- By far the #1 Ball used on the Tour.
- Provides more consistent flight, extraordinary distance, and the very best in short game spin and control.
- The very best in performance with low long game spin and higher flight.
Being one of the best players on Tour, Jimmy Walker uses some of the best clubs and equipment on the market. Utilizing the best clubs that Titleist has to offer and a unique choice with the TaylorMade Spider Tour putter, he has found clubs that help him have more distance, accuracy, and control. So, if you are looking to improve your golf game, take a look at what’s in Jimmy’s bag, you may find something that will help you take your game to the next level.