Dustin Johnson is one of the best golfers in the world and is simply one of our favorite players to watch. As of 2018, Dustin has won 18 PGA Tour titles including the 2016 U.S. Open Championship. Dustin Johnson is an amazing player and well on his way to a Hall of Fame career.
In our “What’s in the bag?” series (or “WITB”) we highlight the best clubs and gear that professional players are currently using in their bags. So, if you are currently looking to take your golf game to the next level, then take a look at what’s in Dustin Johnson’s bag.
Dustin Johnson Career Highlights Video
Driver: TaylorMade M4 (9.5 degrees)
Shaft: Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec X
The TaylorMade M4 driver’s Twist Face Technology is engineered to reduce side spin and deliver straighter shots by adding more loft in the high-toe and less loft in the low-heel to produce more consistent spin where golfers mis-hit their drives. The Hammerhead Slot creates a larger sweet spot and increased ball speed low on the face and drops unwanted spin for more distance. Geocoustic technology reduces sole volume which enables a larger, more forgiving face.
- Twist Face Technology opens on the high-toe and closed on the low-heel to produce straighter shots on those mishits.
- Hammerhead Slot Makes the sweet spot bigger, increasing ball speed and forgiveness across the entire club face.
- Geocoustic Technology: reduces sole volume for a bigger sweet spot and improves sound and feel at impact.
Fairway Wood: TaylorMade M4 HL (16.5 degrees)
Shaft: Project X HZRDUS Black 95 6.5
The TaylorMade M4 fairway wood has an innovative 5-layer carbon crown, providing a lower CG and increases launch while reducing spin. The Ni-Co 300 steel face insert allows for a thinner, explosive face for optimized ball speed while the Fluted hosel provides superior sound and feel without compromising the CG location. Geocoustic technology improves feel and sound while a low-profile shape makes it easy to launch and play from any lie.
- Innovative five-layer carbon crown creates a lower center of gravity, promoting higher launch while reducing spin.
- Strong Ni-Co 300 steel face insert allows for a thinner, faster face which increases ball speed.
- The Geocoustic technology improves sound and overall feel.
Irons: TaylorMade P-790 (3), TaylorMade DJ Proto (4-PW)
Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
The TaylorMade P790 irons provides unparalleled distance for a forged iron, has the look and feel of a players iron while also delivering forgiveness and playability. The P790 irons feature an ultra-thin leading edge and SpeedFoam Technology, both creating an iron that provides the best in distance, feel, and playability.
Once known as the “DJ Proto” irons, the TaylorMade P730 irons are amongst the best irons TaylorMade has to offer. The Tour-inspired shaping features improvement over other muscle backs, including a smaller blade profile, refined leading edge, and sharp face lines. Crafted from forged 1025 carbon steel, the face and grooves are precision-milled to produce soft feel, cleaner contact from any lie, and exceptional shot-shaping capabilities.
- Forged from the best carbon steels, these irons provide the very best in feel and feedback.
- Precision milling allows every golfer to control their distances with remarkable accuracy.
- Manufactured for serious players, these irons look amazing at address.
Wedge: TaylorMade Milled Grind (52-09SB, 60-14THB, 60-10SB, 64 Hi-Toe)
Shaft: KBS Tour 120S
The TaylorMade Milled Grind wedges set an incredibly high standard in precision with a plethora of bounce options. The CNC machined sole geometry coupled with a precise leading edge inspires a lot of confidence at address. New ZTP-17 grooves and a precision weight port lower center of gravity maximizes spin and gives you incredible control around the greens.
The TaylorMade Hi-Toe wedge offers amazing versatility around the greens. Designed to produce a lower launch and more spin, it features a sole cavity with three trapezoid-shaped pockets which optimize weight distribution. Full-face scoring lines produce consistent ball contact out of the rough while the high bounce leading-edge with increased belly offers less resistance for improved contact from turf or sand. The Hi-Toe wedge’s Channel Cut Mid-Sole prevents excessive digging.
- Deeper bore and shaft insertion allows weight to be removed from the hosel, increasing performance.
- Innovative ZTP-17 grooves provide maximum spin from tight lies as well as deep rough.
- Centrally located center-of-gravity improves feel and forgiveness.
Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Shaft: SuperStroke GT 1.0
The TaylorMade Spider Tour Black putter was specially designed for Dustin Johnson, and now you can use this premium and precise putter to shave some strokes off of your score. Redesigned with a smooth crown and no sight-line, the alignment system is clean and seamless. A short, slant-neck hosel provides the player with expanded visibility of the face and toe hang. The Spider Tour Black has a firmer sound and feel than the Spider Tour Red, but both feature a lightweight body and stainless steel frame which increases MOI. The vibration-dampening PU foam provides a consistent sound and feel for every putt you take.
- Short slant neck hosel for expanded visibility of the face.
- Smooth crown and no sightline for an ideal alignment system.
- PU foam produces Solid feel and incredible sound off the putter face.
Ball: TaylorMade TP5x
The TaylorMade TP5x golf ball features a Tri-Fast Core and Dual-Spin Cover which combines specifically engineered technology to perform with every club in the bag. The Tri-Fast Core provides progressive compression for maximum distance while the Dual-Spin soft cast urethane cover’s 322 seamless dimple pattern produces incredible spin performance. The TP5x ball also features 90 compression and a high launch combined with low spin for incredible versatility on all shots.
- Incredibly popular on the Tour.
- Provides more consistent flight, extraordinary distance, and the ultimate short game spin and control.
- High-performance golf ball is the perfect mix of distance, spin, and durability.
Dustin Johnson is one of the best golfers in the world and uses some of the best clubs and equipment in the game. Dustin is using clubs and equipment that he has found helps him have more distance, accuracy and control. If you are looking to improve your golf game, take a look at what’s in Dustin’s bag, you may find something that will help you take your game to the next level.