- Fairway Wood
Brandt Snedeker is known for winning the 2012 FedEx Cup, with a victory in the season-ending Tour Championship at East Lake Golf Club. Right after this victory, Brandt moved into the top ten of the Official World Golf Ranking for the first time in his golf career. With a total of eight PGA Tour victories, we’re sure to hear more from this talented player.
In our “What’s in the bag?” series (or “WITB”) we highlight the best clubs and gear that professional players are currently using in their bags. So, if you are currently looking to take your golf game to the next level, then take a look at what’s in Brandt Snedeker’s bag.
Driver: Bridgestone JGR (9.5 degrees)
Bridgestone has been bringing state of the art drivers to the market for years. This year, the Bridgestone JGR driver features Bridgestone’s new power mill face design. This new face design helps produce lower spin rates by increasing the amount of time the ball spends on the face of the club at impact. The JGR also includes a new crown design with both internal and external channels, which allow for more flex at impact. The science behind these channels is to increase ball speeds and launch angles while ribs in the sole add stiffness for increased energy transfer. The JGR also incorporates an 8 gram internal weight that promotes a slight draw; perfect for those who fight a slice in their drives. The new Bridgestone JGR driver is a great example of how Bridgestone is applying new technology to its lineup.
- New power mill face design produces lower spin rates by increasing the amount of time the balls spends in contact with the club at impact.
- Internal and external channels allow more flex at impact which increases ball speed and launch angle.
- An internal weight promotes a slight draw bias for players that fight a slice.
- Ribs located in the sole add stiffness for greater energy transfer.
The Callaway X Hot is a prime example of why Callaway continues to stand out despite all other golf brands. First, the X Hot features Callaway’s forged speed cup frame technology, which generates one of the highest COR (how “hot” the face is) and CT in golf. Simply put, this means players will achieve maximum ball speeds anywhere on the clubface along with the benefit of a more consistent distance, even on mishits. Secondly, what Callaway calls the Modern Warbird Sole, has been integrated for improved performance and distance from the fairway or the rough. Finally, the Dynamic Weight Projection, which includes a heaving weighting element inside the head, assists in projecting the sole towards the face. This technology lowers the CG to produce a low spinning, piercing trajectory that can help players increase both ball speed and distance. With all these features, one thing is for sure—the Callaway X Hot is definitely living up to its name.
- A heaving weighting element inside the head, assists in projecting the sole towards the face.
- The Modern Warbird Sole helps improve both performance and distance both on the fairway and rough.
- A “hot face” from the forged speed cup helps increase distance, even on mishits.
No products found.
Irons: Bridgestone J15CB (4-PW)
When it comes to irons, Bridgestone is always raising the bar and the release of the J15CB set is a prime example. Bridgestone released the J15CB set with full intention of bringing players to the next level in their golf game. The J15CB irons are forged from high grade, premium carbon steel that provides incredible feel when striking the ball. A redesigned and new compact head allows Tour control and shot shaping workability for more precise hits. Offering more than just Not only function, the J15CB irons motivate players with confidence due to its aesthetic appeal from the address. Not only is the thin address form motivating, it also benefits the player with additional forgiveness. This is accomplished by the Wide Sure Contact Sole which provides steady turf interaction, resulting in more consistent shots. The Bridgestone J15CB irons are an incredible set and solidifies that Bridgestone is doing everything possible to ensure that every golf player reaches his or her highest potential.
- The J15 CB is made with a cutting edge technology that gives it a solid feel with a lot of forgiveness.
- The incredible J15 CB iron is made from forged iron and is incredibly designed for both right- and left-handed players.
- A wider sure contact that enables consistency when in contact with the ball.
- Compact head design gives it shot shaping ability and Tour-level control.
No products found.
Wedge: Bridgestone J15 (52 bent to 51 degrees; 56 bent to 55 degrees), Titleist Vokey TVD Prototype (60-3 K Grind)
Finding a wedge that brings your game to the next level is always a challenge, but recently Bridgestone made this choice easy. The Bridgestone J15 wedges are forged from premium carbon steel for incredible feel and a confident swing. The face is machine-milled, which increases the surface roughness for added spin. While the aggressive U Groove design also helps channel away dirt and debris for a more consistent contact. FInally, the J15 wedge also features a Sure Contact Sole which ensures consistent turf interaction from any lie. With cutting edge technology and a tear drop design favored by most Tour players, it’s no wonder why this is Brandt’s choice of wedge.
- Unique U Groove design on the face helps assist in channeling dirt and debris, providing consistent contact.
- Incredible feel and a confident swing comes from being manufactured with premium carbon steel.
- Sure Contact Sole ensures consistent turf interaction no matter where the ball lies.
- Precision, machine-milled face increases roughness for additional spin.
No products found.
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie
Odyssey putters are considered some of the best, not just for their functionality but also their beautiful, cutting edge designs. The Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie putter is a great example of precise technology and classic design. Odyssey has shifted most of the weight to the perimeter of the head for a higher MOI. This shift of weight helps create even better forgiveness and truer roll than previous models released. Integrating an elastomer core material provides a greater feel and exceptional resilience. If you are in the market for a putter that is a great club and a great value, no matter your skill level, the Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie is an easy choice.
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330
If you are looking for a golf ball that can improve your game the most, Bridgestone has the perfect golf ball for you. The Bridgestone Tour B330 stands out in the crowded golf ball market by offering a golf ball with Tour-like feel and consistency. The core is 6% larger which results in faster ball speed and reduced spin off drives. This is a key point for players who cannot generate Tour-level clubhead speed. The Tour B330 also incorporates a unique dimple-inside-a-dimple pattern for each of the 330 dimples. The inner dimples reduce drag at launch, which helps reduce drag for a faster elevation. While the larger, outer dimples promote a shallower angle of descent for increased rollout on landing. A seamless cover technology eliminates the “straight part line” which results in more distance, accuracy, and consistency. With all the features the Bridgestone Tour B330 offers, this is definitely a golf ball you want to add to your arsenal.
- A 6% increased core size results in faster ball speed and reduced spin off drives.
- Unique dimple-inside-a-dimple pattern benefits both the long game and short game.
- Seamless cover technology eliminates the “straight part line” which results in more distance, consistency, and accuracy..
Brandt Snedeker is one of the most well-known golfers in the world and uses some of the best clubs and equipment available. Utilizing different clubs and manufacturers allows him to take advantage of what each club has to offer. By using an array of clubs and equipment, he has found what helps him have more distance, accuracy, and control. So, if you are looking to improve your golf game, take a look at what’s in Brandt’s bag, you may find something that will help you take your game to the next level.