Showing all 19 results
As the name might suggest, both these drivers are currently only available to Tour Pros. By the minute, PXG is garnering feedback from the best players in the world about these clubs and so far, the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
While PXG isn’t going to let the cat out of the bag entirely with regard to these drivers, we’re happy to share with you what we know so far.
- Stability through impact is top-notch.
- Both drivers have plenty of adjustability options.
- For now, price point is more than affordable.
- Lack of color options may be a deterrent for some players.
- Not available to the general public as of yet.
- Still waiting on in-depth feedback from Tour Pros.
When a certain brand of club is the #1 preferred brand by the best players in the world year after year, you know there is something special about it. Odyssey is that brand when it comes to putters and its latest O-Works Black and O-Works Red line are no exception. If you’re a player that likes a clean design and consistent performance on the green, the newest line of O-Works putters might be your best choice in 2018.
- Provides optimal feel for consistent control while providing stability on mishits
- Microhinge Technology gets the ball rolling quickly straight and controlled on line
- Eighteen new head designs in various lengths give players plenty of options
- Lack of adjustability in head weight and lie angle may not be agreeable for some
- Due to high demand, some purchasers have complained about lengthy delivery times
- The technology in the 2018 models is not that different from 2017 models
The Strata Tour is created with the occasional golfers and players looking to buy their first set of clubs in mind. Buying golf club sets can be a great way to get quickly out to the course and see what the game of golf has to offer, without spending too much money. Join your friends and learn the game by playing with this intuitive set. Anyone looking to get their children, parents, or friends involved in the game should be recommending the Strata Tour Set as the best set to do so.
- The Strata Tour offers the most complete bag sold as a single golf club set
- The price point below the typical cost of an iron set allows players more budget to spend on other areas
- Buying golf clubs can be intimidating and this golf club set makes it less complex
- Custom fitting options are not available and there is only one color option
- Players will likely be unable to try these clubs before they buy them as shops will not have them for demo
- These clubs will feel harsh over premium offerings due to lower grade materials
Occasional golfers and players looking to buy their first set of clubs will love the Strata Golf Club Set from Callaway. As your game develops and you demand more specialized performance from your clubs you can supplement this set or replace the clubs as your budget allows. The Strata Set is perfect for golfers looking to get premium products with having to deal with the stress of learning launch angles, spin rates, and smash factors.
- Having less club choices can make knowing which club to hit less confusing
- Low costs can give you more money for golf lessons and range practice sessions
- Buying clubs as a set eliminates the need to make sure all your clubs are blended correctly
- Players looking to get custom clubs will not be able to do so in a set
- This set does not include a sand wedge and most golfers will need one to play
- Stronger players may feel uncomfortable with regular flex shafts and may need stiffer shafts
Female golfers looking for a beautiful set of clubs are the players this golf club set was made for. Golfers buying their first set of clubs can benefit from the simplicity of this scheme and be assured that they will have everything they need when they get on the course. Golfers who enjoy spending their weekends or ladies’ night at the course will find this set gives them everything they want in a competitive and fun golf bag.
- Simplicity of having fewer clubs can make choosing what club to hit easier
- One of a kind patterns and colorways help to make this set eye-popping
- The Solaire set offers a stress-free buying experience and gives golfers everything they need
- Players looking to get clubs custom fit will have a hard time with this set
- Players planning to hit specialized shots may need more club options
- More serious or higher swing speed female athletes may prefer clubs built with stiffer shafts
The Callaway Chrome Soft golf ball is by far one of the best golf balls made for lower handicap players. I love it so much, I have two sets in my bag. One with American Flags, and the other with European Flags.
- A revolutionary core which gives great distance from the tee
- This ball has long distance with a player longer clubs
- Excellent greenside control with shorter shots
- The lower compression core may increase spin for some players
- The Chrome Soft has the high price tag of a Tour ball
- May not be as workable as some other Tour balls
While it is true that not any one driver will fit every golfer, I think that unless you are 100% happy with your current driver you should be testing this club. Even golfers like myself that are comfortable with their current gamer should give the new Callaway Epic Flash consideration. I was not expecting to be as impressed as I was by this product. Rarely do I find something in my club testing that wows me as much as the Epic Flash did.
- Epic Flash produced the best ball speeds I have recorded in a driver
- My favorite look and feel of any Callaway driver I have ever hit
- Flash Face gave me more forgiveness with my typical low and high strike patterns on the face
- The price of the new Callaway Epic Flash Driver starts at $529.99
- The yellow and green colorway is going to put off certain players
- Players with the Rogue driver may not see enough improvement to warrant the price
The Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Wedge is one of the hottest wedges on the market for a reason. Regardless of your skill level, if you’re a golfer looking for increased spin and control on full shots from the fairway and around the green, the Mack Daddy 4 features endless options that make it an excellent choice.
- Very accurate and forgiving club with a modern design
- A solid performing club that will turn a lot of heads
- The sweet spot is about as big as a baseball
- Some players may not like the size of the club head
- May give too much spin for some players
- May feel sluggish when swinging through the air
Golfers of all skill levels have used the Callaway Mack Daddy MD3 Wedge and have improved their scores the instant they put it in their bag. Whether it’s played from the fairway, fringe, rough, or sand, this wedge makes every shot around the greens easier. Not only should you buy the Callaway Mack Daddy MD3 Wedge, for optimal results, we recommend one of each loft category and grind.
- One of the most technologically advanced wedges in golf
- Extremely versatile sole grinds
- Optimal spin rates from every lie, from sand to high grass and the rough
- Less aesthetically appealing compared to other modern wedges
- Harder to spin pitch shots
- Requires tinkering and testing to find the right combination for your game
We have seen nothing but great things about the PXG Wedge, and there’s a good reason why it’s so popular. No matter if you’re playing shots from the sand, rough, the fringe, or from 100 yards and in, you’ll control the golf ball better than ever with the PXG Wedge. If you have the room in your budget to afford a fitting and get the right set for your game, you should put 2-3 PXG Wedges in your bag.
- Confidence-inspiring classic look at address
- Delivers amazing spin and control from a wide variety of lies and distances
- One of the most forgiving wedges ever designed
- Incredibly expensive compared to other wedges
- Lacks any low-bounce options, making it tough to play from tight greensides
- Higher lofted wedges can feel a little too heavy
The Callaway XR Driver was one of the most successful drivers of 2015, and it is easy to see why it’s still a top choice for players today. Callaway has proven that performance can be achieved and optimized using a light package that enhances swing speed and ball speed. If you are looking for a moderately priced driver, that will give you the speed and forgiveness, then the Callaway XR Driver is the club for you.
- Large sweet spot helps to and alleviate slices and hooks
- Explosive power when hitting off the tee
- Very forgiving driver that allows for better performance
- The longer shaft tends to reduce the accuracy of the club
- The face of the club absorbs too much of the impact
- Some players may find it too light to control the club
The Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood is ideal for the serious golfer looking to take his game to another level. It delivers in every capacity most golfers look for and so much more. If you are looking for the very best in golf club technology, you should absolutely buy the Callaway Rogue Fairway Wood.
- Jailbreak Technology makes the clubhead incredibly stable, resulting in one of the longest fairway woods on the market
- Triaxial Carbon Crown and fixed hosel provides for more forgiveness and higher launch
- Sleek design inspired confidence at address and just simply a beautifully designed club
- One of the priciest golf clubs on the market, which is not ideal for the casual golfer looking to upgrade their fairway wood
- Lighter swing weight can alter the feel during the swing which may be a turn off for some players
- Lack of customization features makes it less appealing to some players who like to tinker
Callaway builds on the amazing success of the Callaway Epic Sub Zero Driver to create an even better driver. With improved Jailbreak technology, the Rogue Sub Zero Driver is truly is an amazing club. The Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver is an excellent choice for any player.
- Jailbreak technology and X-Face VFT complement each other to achieve faster ball speeds and farther drives
- The industry-leading Boeing Aero design helps drivers achieve faster head speeds
- The Rogue Sub-Zero includes 2 adjustable weights used for spin and trajectory control
- The smaller form and adjustability is more beneficial for lower handicap golfers who can hit consistently
- For golfers that already have the Epic, it may not be enough of an improvement
- It does not provide the slice correction of the Rogue Draw for those players that need
Callaway builds on the smashing success of the GBB Epic to create an even better driver – the new Rogue. The Rogue uses an improved Jailbreak technology with carefully engineered X-Face VFT to increase ball speed and forgiveness. Callaway also aerodynamically designed the Rogue driver to improve head speeds by optimizing the air flow and reducing drag. The result is a driver that avoids a complete redesign of the highly acclaimed GBB Epic, and instead improves upon what made that driver so good. The Rogue is an excellent choice for any golfer, but mid to high handicap golfers will find the most benefit with increased forgiveness and ball speeds.
- Forgiving of off-center hits due to the X-Face VFT
- Jailbreak technology and X-Face VFT work tighter to achieve faster ball speeds and farther drives
- The industry-leading Boeing Aero package helps golfers get faster head speeds
- Lacks any ability to adjust the center of gravity and MOI
- Does not provide the slice correction of the Rogue Draw or lower ball speeds of the Rogue Sub-Zero
- For golfers that already have the Epic, it may not be enough of an improvement
The Callaway Epic Sub Zero Driver was one of the most successful drivers of 2017, and it is perfect for the mid to high handicap golfer looking for more forgiveness, accuracy, and distance when on the when on the tee box.
- Impressive distance regardless of where you hit the ball on the club face
- Sound at impact is much more muted than other drivers
- Jailbreak Technology expands the sweet spot of the club and delivers high ball speeds
- Some players might get overwhelmed with all the adjustability settings
- Not much launch if you have a moderate swing speed
- Some golfers may think that the club is a little light than what they are used to using
With a high amount of forgiveness, great adjustability and state of the art technology, the Callaway Epic Fairway Wood is truly an amazing club that is perfect for any player regardless of their skill level. If you’re looking for a fairway wood that can take your game to the next level, than Callaway Epic Fairway Wood is the club for you.
- Very forgiving with the light weight, low CG, high MOI and new distribution of weight
- Easy to play with, providing maximum distance from any lie, regardless of skill level
- The look is clean and stylish, but also practical with the increased size of the club face
- Some beginners are overwhelmed by the price, even if the club is super high-quality
- The hollow sound when you hit the ball can be hard to get used to for some players
- Certain features, like the Jailbreak rod on other drivers and woods, are not included
The Callaway Epic Driver is an outstanding club that is perfect for players who want more forgiveness, distance, swing speed, and adjustability. But what makes the Callaway Epic Driver a real game changer is its Jailbreak Technology which helps to promote more speed across a larger area of the club face. Callaway Epic Driver is a great club for a mid to low handicap player wanting to take their game to the next level.
- Impressive distance regardless of where you hit the ball
- Sound at impact is much more muted than other drivers
- Jailbreak Technology expands the sweet spot of the club
- Some golfers may not benefit from the extra draw bias
- A little costly, the Epic may be out of the budget of some golfers
- Some golfers may think that the club is a little light
The Callaway XR 16 Fairway Wood is an outstanding club that all about forgiveness, distance, swing speed. The Callaway XR 16 Fairway Wood is a great club for a mid to high handicap players looking for more forgiveness without sacrificing distance, and who are wanting to take their game to the next level.
- Comfortable pear shape with a matte finish made to reduce glare
- Shot dispersion is superb
- Excellent value for money, you really get what you pay for
- May be hard to get all airborne due to size of club head
- Not very workable design
- A rather plain design when compared to other similar models
You really can’t go wrong with the Callaway name. Especially if you are looking for a great fairway wood that may not look fancy but gets the job done. So if you are a high to mid-range handicap golfer, then check out the Callaway Big Bertha V Series 3 Wood if you want to you improve your game.
- Light club head plays great off the tee and other lies
- Very forgiving club that gives you lots of help across the face
- Made for distance this club will give you plenty of yardage
- The club is basic in design which can look a little dated
- The head is shiny for players who prefer more of a matte finish
- The head is not the largest which can be a problem golfers