Billy Horschel WITB? (What’s in the Bag)
Billy Horschel is a 5-Time PGA Tour winner and the 2014 FedEx Cup champion which led to taking home the $10 million money bag. Billy’s most recent win was in April 2018 when he won the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. While being known for his sense of fashion and phrase “look good, play good,” […]
Go to ...
Billy Horschel is a 5-Time PGA Tour winner and the 2014 FedEx Cup champion which led to taking home the $10 million money bag. Billy’s most recent win was in April 2018 when he won the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. While being known for his sense of fashion and phrase “look good, play good,” his game lives up to par as well.
In our “What’s in the bag?” series (or “WITB”) we highlight the best clubs and gear that professional players are currently using in their bags. So, if you are currently looking to take your golf game to the next level, then take a look at what’s in Billy Horschel’s bag.
Billy Horschel Career Highlights Video
Driver: PXG 0811X (9 degrees)
PXG is known to produce some of the most phenomenal and intricate drivers of our time, and the PXG 0811X is just that. The PXG 0811X driver is a beautifully crafted club that delivers a superior sound and pristine feel that numerous players on the tour appreciate. One of PXG’s lightest and lowest spin drivers to be released, the 0811X driver is manufactured with an abundance of features. The most pronounced qualities being the patented honeycomb TPE insert, carbon fiber crown, complex variable face design and precision weighting system. The exceptionally low CG position and precision weighting system create an optimal launch condition for impeccable ball flight and increased distance. The honeycomb TPE insert, carbon fiber crown, complex variable face design and precision weighting system combined allow the 0811X driver to be one of the lowest spinning drivers yet on the market. With the PXG 0811X generating incredible distance with superior sound and feel, it’s no wonder that it’s Billy’s go-to driver.
- One of the lowest CG positions creates a high launch with a low spin, improving both distance and accuracy.
- The honeycomb structure reduces mass, which is then repositioned around the club to optimize launch.
- Carbon fiber crown saves nearly 14 grams of mass from the top of the club head, which is redistributed in the sole, helping to lower the CG position and optimize ball flight.
- An adjustable hosel can change the loft up to 1.5 degrees to optimize trajectory.
Fairway Wood: 3 Wood: PXG 0341X (15 degrees), 5 Wood: PXG 0341 (18 degrees)
Shaft: Project X HZRDUS 75 grams 6.5-Flex
Once again PXG is raising the bar when it comes to functionality and design. The PXG 0341X fairway wood features the adjustable Precision Weighting System, which can benefit any player on the course. The 11 strategically placed interchangeable weights on the sole give players the ability to optimize trajectory to achieve both maximum distance and accuracy. The face construction is formed from HT1770 high-strength steel. This provides a thinner face for a very unique feel that delivers solid and fast swing speeds. Lastly, the shallow head design of the PXG 0341X makes it a confident choice on the fairway when approaching any green. The feel and consistency of this fairway wood is one of the best we have ever seen.
- The 11 interchangeable weights allow customization to achieve maximum accuracy and distance.
- Using a high-strength steel allows for a thinner face, thereby saving critical mass.
- With a launch angle that is 1 degree higher this should produce about 300-400 rpm less spin.
- Ability to produce shots that have up to an additional 7-10 yards of carry distance.
Irons: PXG 0311T (3, 5-PW)
The PXG 0311T irons are some of the most superiorly designed irons on the market. The body is forged from S25C soft carbon steel, which adds to an already phenomenal impact experience. Integrated with TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) this low-density, vibration-dampening material enhances the club’s sound and feel. TPE also adds structural stability for PXG’s patented ultra-thin face to help produce a more efficient energy transfer. This ultra-thin face is formed from HT1770 high-strength steel, and coupled with the TPE material, it results in higher ball speeds and longer distances. The weight saved by the thin face allows more of the mass to be positioned in areas of the clubhead that help to optimize launch conditions and moment of inertia (MOI). These features combined with the integrated tungsten weighting means that the forgiveness of the PXG 0311 Irons out-performs most irons on the market.
- Its forged body and face create greater distance and ball speed.
- Very forgiving irons, thanks to improved CG location, especially on off-center hits.
- An increase in MOI thanks to being built out of high-density tungsten.
- TPE the low-density, vibration-dampening material enhances the club’s sound and feel.
Wedge: PXG 0311T Milled (52-10, 56-10, 60-07)
Players want consistency and the PXG 0311T wedge is a go-to with players on the Tour for its consistency. Grooves with greater depth allow the wedge to channel away water and debris more effectively, allowing players to produce more spin and increase their consistency. Designed to be slightly more forgiving, the sole design features a low leading edge, wider sole, and moderate heel relief. The PXG 0311T engages a classic club head shape and simple sole grid, which makes for easy to open or close shots, no matter the lie. Finally, the PXG Wedge utilizes tungsten weights on the perimeter, making it incredibly forgiving for any level player. This makes the PXG 0311T a trustworthy club that will never disappoint around the green.
- High-volume grooves help to improve distance and trajectory control.
- Classic clubhead design gives players the ability to open or close the face, adjusting to any lie.
- Tungsten weights allow for maximum forgiveness.
- 100% milled carbon steel give consistent performances and advanced shot-making.
Putter: PXG Bat Attack
The PXG Bat Attack is a great example how PXG is on the cutting edge of both function and design. The double-bend shaft creates a well placed offset while the weighted alignment wings provide a ingenious visual aid to improve consistency. This design is known to be most useful for players with a straight-back-straight-through stroke. The addition of integrated TPE provides not only a better sound and feel, but also a dependable response across the entire face. The Bat Attack has an incredibly clean and efficient putter design, that will only improve a player’s alignment and consistency.
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
The Titleist Pro V1x golf balls are the #1 golf balls used by players on Tour. The reason is obvious. The Titleist Pro V1x provides extraordinary distance, consistent flight, and the very best in short game spin and control. The Titleist Pro V1x has been created to provide a soft feel, long lasting durability, and outstanding short game control to help elevate a player’s performance when on the course. Its multi-component construction includes a ZG process Dual Core with a soft Urethane Elastomer cover system, and spherically-tiled 328 tetrahedral dimple design. Every aspect of the Pro V1x golf ball works together to deliver the very best in performance, no matter the shot.
- By far the #1 ball used on the Tour.
- Provides more consistent flight, extraordinary distance, and the very best in short game spin and control.
- The very best in performance with low long game spin and higher flight.
Billy Horschel is one of the best golfers in the world and uses some of the best clubs and equipment in the game. However, as you can see from our WITB review, Billy is definitely favoring the PXG lineup for his arsenal. He is using clubs and equipment that he has found helps him have more distance, accuracy and control. So, if you are looking to improve your golf game, take a look at what’s in Billy’s bag, you may find something that will help you take your game to the next level.