Your golf ball is the most important piece of equipment. After all, it is the one thing you use on every single shot of your round. Having a ball that gives you the right feel, distance, control, and confidence is key to you unlocking your potential and playing your best golf. Also having a golf ball that you solely use will give you consistently reliable performance every time you tee it up. Wilson Golf provides a wide range of golf balls so you can find the ball that is just right for your individual game.
FYI: Are you looking for the Best Gear of 2019? Then take a look our latest Buying Guides on the Best Golf Drivers, Fairway Woods, Irons, Wedges, Hybrids, Putters, and Golf Balls that can help you take your golf game to the next level. We golf course tested all of these items, and made these buyers guides just for you. Please take a look and let us know what you think!
Top 6 Best Wilson Golf Balls
- Duo soft has the lowest compression, for a premium 2-piece golf balls
- Longest distance performance of all competitive premium 2-piece golf balls
- The lowest driver spin rate for straightest flight off the Tee
- Ultra-thin cast urethane cover
- Mid-hardness ionomer mantle layer
- Soft feel with higher spin on iron shots for control around the green
- 18-ball pack
- 2-piece construction with explosive titanium core
- Produces maximum energy transfer and distance
- Ground-breaking 29 compression for the world's best feel
- Shallower Dimple Pattern for increased velocity and longer distance
- Now it's even longer, more durable, higher launching and even faster.
- The 3-piece 55 compression DUO Urethane is designed for tour performance spin and the softest feel
- The DuPont HPF inner mantle layer provides velocity for maximum distance
- The soft, thin cast urethane outer cover provides exceptional spin and control on approach shots
About Wilson Golf
Wilson Golf began in 1914 under the Wilson title (they also have divisions in raquet sports and team sports). One of golf’s most storied champions, Gene Sarazen, helped to put Wilson Golf on the map. Sarazen used Wilson clubs in his seven major championship wins. Wilson’s Advisory Staff was headed by Sarazen, and this staff has had many of the greatest golfers on it. Sarazen even designed the first wedge to be used from bunkers: the sand wedge. So next time you find yourself getting up and down from the bunker, just remember that Gene Sarazen helped make that sand save possible. In 1954, Wilson released its first golf ball. This Wilson Staff golf ball jumped off the club face with speed 40% higher than the clubhead speed. This ball became exceptionally popular and many players won major championships with it over the years. Most recently, Padraig Harrington used Wilson Staff equipment when he captured three major championships in 2007 and 2008.
Why Use a Wilson Golf Ball
Wilson Golf has played such a key part in the history of golf and the evolution of technology in the game over the years. Looking in pictures of some of golf’s greatest champions, many of them were playing Wilson golf clubs and Wilson Staff golf balls. Wilson has been responsible for some of the biggest innovations in technology, and they have has wildly successful golf clubs over the years. Wilson had a period where their products fell in popularity since they were trying to make them more available, but they have rebranded themselves in recent years to return to their roots of being one of the finest brands in the market. Their golf balls also appeal to a wide variety of golfers. Regardless of your skill level or clubhead speed, Wilson has a golf ball for you.
Reviews of the Best Wilson Golf Balls
Below we have described and reviewed six of the best Wilson Golf Balls on the market today.
1. Wilson Staff Duo Soft Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Duo Soft golf ball is a two-piece golf ball made for incredibly soft feel on every shot. The 29 compression rating is exceptionally low to deliver great feel and ball speeds. The very durable Ionomer cover also helps to contribute to the low spin which delivers straight flight. The dimple pattern is also designed to be more shallow to create a higher and longer flight.
2. Wilson Staff Duo Pro Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Duo Pro golf ball is made to combine Tour-level performance with very soft feel. The 60 compression rating is made to produce very soft feel on all shots. The three-piece design is made for long distance and low spin from the tee. This ball is also engineered to produce great scoring control, with 6% more spin on iron shots so you can stick it closer.
3. Wilson Staff Titanium Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Titanium golf ball is made for low spin, long distance performance. The titanium core is designed to produce fast ball speeds and low spin from the tee to maximize distance. The durable Surlyn cover produces a firmer feel to go along with the long distance. The low spin also produces straighter flight so you can control your shot shape more.
4. Wilson Staff DX2 Optix Matte Golf Balls
The Wilson DX2 Optix Matte golf ball is made with an extremely low compression for soft feel and fast ball speeds. This ball has been redesigned with a larger core for faster ball speeds. To generate more distance, the Ionomer cover has been enriched with sodium and zinc for faster ball speeds and lower spin. In addition, the dimples have been redesigned to be more shallow for higher flight and more distance.
5. Wilson Staff Duo Urethane Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Duo Urethane golf ball is the world’s softest urethane golf ball. This ball is made to perform well for the better player, delivering great feel along with excellent distance. The DuPont HPF mantle layer is designed for faster ball speeds. The cast urethane cover helps produce the great performance which better players look for along with great feel and greenside control.
6. Wilson Staff Smart Core Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Smart Core golf ball is a golf ball which is made to react to the golfer. The patented Smart Core Technology reacts to the golfer’s swing speed to produce the best results. For longer shots, the core reacts to faster clubhead speeds for lower spin and more accuracy, while shorter shots with lower clubhead speeds have more spin and control.
7. Wilson Staff True Distance Soft Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff True Distance Soft golf ball is made to deliver both soft feel and excellent distance, as the name suggests. The responsive cover and high energy core deliver the distance, while the low compression delivers the soft feel. The 400 dimple pattern is also engineered for an optimized ball flight for great control and height.
8. Wilson Staff Tour Velocity Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Tour Velocity golf ball is a true distance ball. The two-piece construction and dimple pattern provide explosive distance and an optimized ball flight. The lower compression core helps to create fast ball speeds and great feel for every shot.
9. Wilson Staff Zip Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Zip golf ball is made for great feel on every shot and optimized spin based on the shot being played. For long shots, this ball produces great accuracy and low spin for more distance. On shorter and scoring shots, the Zip produces more spin for greater control. The unique flat-bottomed dimple pattern produces a very consistent and reliable ball flight.
10. Wilson Staff Chaos Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Chaos Golf Ball offers great greenside control along with excellent distance off the tee. The highly resilient Ionomer cover is made to be softer than normal for better greenside control and feel. The core is designed for high power from the tee while also providing great feel, especially around the greens.
11. Wilson Staff Fifty Elite Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Fifty Elite golf ball is made for revolutionary distance. The key to this ball is in the core, which is made with an advanced rubber composition. This core coupled with the firm ionomer cover creates explosive speed for excellent distance on every shot.
12. Wilson Staff Ultra 500 Distance Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Ultra 500 Distance golf ball is a great two-piece golf ball if you’re looking for pure distance. The high-energy core produces very fast ball speeds and low spin. The cover is very durable, even being guaranteed by Wilson to be cut-proof.
13. Wilson Staff Ladies Tour Velocity Golf Balls
The Wilson Staff Ladies Tour Velocity Golf Ball is made to provide exceptional distance along with great feel. The high-energy core is made for fast ball speeds, and the lower compression rating helps to lower spin and create better feel. The specially-designed Ionomer cover and dimple pattern help to produce a very reliable and consistent ball flight on every shot.
14. Wilson Staff Ultra 500 Straight Golf Ball
The Wilson Staff Ultra 500 Straight golf ball is made for straight ball flight along with great distance. The Titanium core is made to produce high ball speeds along with low spin for straighter flight. The cut-proof cover on this ball ensures that it will be very long-lasting.
15. Wilson Staff F.L.I. Golf Balls
The Wilson F.L.I. golf ball is made for “freakishly long distance”. As the name suggests, this ball is very simply designed to go as long as possible. The high-energy core produces exceptionally high ball speeds. The cut-proof Ionomer cover also produces nice feel while also lowering spin.
16. Wilson Hope Ladies Golf Balls
The Wilson Hope Ladies golf ball is made for excellent performance for ladies looking to get more out of their golf ball. This ball is engineered for straight flight and made to give a great soft feel. This ball comes in a combination of pink and clear covers. A portion of each purchase of the Hope golf ball is donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Wilson is a classic golf company. Some of the greatest champions in the history of the game have played Wilson golf equipment while capturing their career-defining victories. Wilson has continued to produce top of the market products today, which is why you can trust their equipment if you decide to put it in play. Their golf balls each produce excellent performance and you will be able to play better golf if you put a Wilson Staff ball in play.
- Top 6 Best Wilson Golf Balls
- About Wilson Golf
- Why Use a Wilson Golf Ball
- Reviews of the Best Wilson Golf Balls
- 1. Wilson Staff Duo Soft Golf Balls
- 2. Wilson Staff Duo Pro Golf Balls
- 3. Wilson Staff Titanium Golf Balls
- 4. Wilson Staff DX2 Optix Matte Golf Balls
- 5. Wilson Staff Duo Urethane Golf Balls
- 6. Wilson Staff Smart Core Golf Balls
- 7. Wilson Staff True Distance Soft Golf Balls
- 8. Wilson Staff Tour Velocity Golf Balls
- 9. Wilson Staff Zip Golf Balls
- 10. Wilson Staff Chaos Golf Balls
- 11. Wilson Staff Fifty Elite Golf Balls
- 12. Wilson Staff Ultra 500 Distance Golf Balls
- 13. Wilson Staff Ladies Tour Velocity Golf Balls
- 14. Wilson Staff Ultra 500 Straight Golf Ball
- 15. Wilson Staff F.L.I. Golf Balls
- 16. Wilson Hope Ladies Golf Balls